Help with rebuilding DLC cia (Fire Emblem Echoes)

lj_reflet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize that this has probably been asked several times, but I can't seem to understand how to properly rebuild a DLC CIA (for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia).

I've managed to get the romfs folders from the DLC I wanted to edit from FE15 and edit the files to my liking, but getting them back into CIA format is what I'm stuck at.

GabrieloRomTools seemed to be the simplest way to do so, but even after rebuilding my CIA and reinstalling it, the DLC didn't seem to work properly. I would try loading the map, but it just went straight back to the menu.

Is there anyone who can break down the procedure for rebuilding CIAs, or if anyone can offer their assistance ? Thanks in advance !

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to use edited files, then why not just use LayeredFS? That's what most people seem to do with hacks.

lj_reflet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use edited files, then why not just use LayeredFS? That's what most people seem to do with hacks.
Is LayeredFS possible with DLC files ? From what I know, I thought if you wanted to use edited DLC, you'd have to rebuild then reinstall the CIA files.

If it is possible with just LayeredFS, what would the pathway be ?

To be 100% honest, I tried putting it in the game title folder in my luma folder to see if it'd work, but I got nothing ㅠㅠ

lj_reflet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the link ! I apologize if this is kind of a stupid question, but would you also happen to know how I would first go about rebuilding one of the "contents" files after extracting ? It doesn't seem this tutorial has the instructions for that, but everything else looks really helpful. I think I might have to do that as well before rebuilding the DLC cia.

I took the romfs from one of the contents files from the cia and edited that I think I have to rebuild it as a contents file again.

(apologies since I forgot to mention that in my OP)

lj_reflet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the double post, but I'm still really stuck on this.

I managed to get this far with makerom, but I keep getting this error message saying one of my files is corrupt.

unknown.png

Would anybody know how to possibly fix this ?

jakcron

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Australia
I apologize for the double post, but I'm still really stuck on this.

I managed to get this far with makerom, but I keep getting this error message saying one of my files is corrupt.

Would anybody know how to possibly fix this ?
Going off the error Content 0 Is Corrupt (res = -11), this means that makerom wasn't able to verify the NCCH signature. You can force makerom to ignore this with by adding -ignoresign to the makerom command.

lj_reflet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going off the error Content 0 Is Corrupt (res = -11), this means that makerom wasn't able to verify the NCCH signature. You can force makerom to ignore this with by adding -ignoresign to the makerom command.
Ahh thanks ! This actually helped and I was able to rebuild the cia.

Unfortunately, no matter what I did, my edits weren't showing up at all and the DLC was acting as if it wasn't edited whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is the .rsf file, since I used a Fates rsf file as a base since I couldn't find anything for Echoes.

Regardless, I appreciate the help.

DKH6789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Ahh thanks ! This actually helped and I was able to rebuild the cia.

Unfortunately, no matter what I did, my edits weren't showing up at all and the DLC was acting as if it wasn't edited whatsoever. The only thing I can think of is the .rsf file, since I used a Fates rsf file as a base since I couldn't find anything for Echoes.

Regardless, I appreciate the help.
I mastered the cia rebuild.

I guess 99.99% you have put wrong slot of DLC. See this as your example and come back to me if you need anything more.

https://github.com/SilentHeII/Fire-...ation-Project/wiki/4.-Rebuilding-the-DLC-(NA)

Last edited by DKH6789,

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, who would've guessed there'd be a thread like this so recently. Do any of you happen to know if it's possible (at all) to merge DLC and base game?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, who would've guessed there'd be a thread like this so recently. Do any of you happen to know if it's possible (at all) to merge DLC and base game?
I saw this in a thread somewhere, and I believe the answer is yes, you can. I don't know how though.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, it is indeed possible, I managed to get it working with Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice at least. I'll try to make a quick (since I created .bat to automate everything) tutorial in the following days, since the few posts I found about this either didn't know how to do it or said it wasn't possible.

It works pretty much the same as merging updates, merging both RomFs, it's just that the CIA used by DLC's is quite different from the one used for updates, so the extracting process is slightly different (and manual). In PW:SJ's case there was no file overlap, but I don't think there will be any since these are DLC's, not updates.

(There will still be some special cases though, like Yo-kai Watch 3 where we can't even merge the update since it's one of those that patches files, not overwrites them)

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o