Hacking help with r4?

00falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a R4 and tested it and worked before and now it's stuck on a black loading screen, tried alot of r4 different kernels. It looks like the orginal white but black (image - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JxrAKV29AGQ/SJKZ...kM/s320/r4.jpg) and nothing is on the back

so my question is: does someone have the updated kernel or something i can do to make it work

or

am i just screwed and should get another card

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not 100% sure, but your R4 *looks* fake (IIRC it should have curved ridges on the sides, and the silver ovals on the label should be thinner).

Besides, the R4 is more or less obsolete these days - most games can be patched to work with it if you use YSmenu, but you wouldn't regret upgrading to an Acekard2 or something. It's not as if it would be expensive (£7.50 on DealExtreme).

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
aphirst said:
I'm not 100% sure, but your R4 *looks* fake (IIRC it should have curved ridges on the sides, and the silver ovals on the label should be thinner).

Besides, the R4 is more or less obsolete these days - most games can be patched to work with it if you use YSmenu, but you wouldn't regret upgrading to an Acekard2 or something. It's not as if it would be expensive (£7.50 on DealExtreme).
The original R4 was spring loaded, and looked like that with no curves.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ferrariman said:
aphirst said:

The original R4 was spring loaded, and looked like that with no curves.
Ah, right, I see. I've only ever handled one of the v2 ones (one of my mates has one
tongue.gif
). Sorry about that D:

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go here or you're screwed if NONE of those R4 clone firmwares worked for you, since you probably have a clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER