Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've spent the past three hours searching and I'm still not having any luck. I want to give Pogoshell a whirl on my 3in1. I figure it would be a nice way to have a few small roms as well as a pocketnes menu rom all in the NOR of my 3in1.

I'm using the version found here.

Here's the problem; I put the ROMs I want to use in the root file and then I run the build file. I get the flashme.gba file and then I run it on my 3in1. When I try to run any of the ROMs that I put in the root file I get a white screen. It can't just be a problem with the 3in1 because I can't get the files to run in Visualboy Advance either.

The weird thing is that all of the other included ROMs and files work. What am I doing wrong?

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
I was never able to get Pogoshell to work on the 3-in-1 at all. IIRC, it would bring up the menu, but nothing would work.

Damn, that's a shame. I was really hoping it would work. Would absolutely nothing work or just the roms that you dumped into it? Some of the included stuff will work for me like whatever PCEAdvance rom that's included in their as well as that Arkanoid clone.

Oh well, thanks though.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pogoshell is only supported on a few slot-2 NOR-based carts, most notably the Flash2Advance carts. Pogoshell uses the supported carts' specific bankswitching codes in order to launch GBA games. Thus, running Pogoshell on the 3in1 will only work for things like MOD files, MIDI files, image files, and multiboot-capable plugins. You could probably get the NES and GB/GBC plugins to work, though I'm not entirely sure. You can launch multiboot GBA games, but no actual commercial games larger than 256 KB.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Pogoshell is only supported on a few slot-2 NOR-based carts, most notably the Flash2Advance carts. Pogoshell uses the supported carts' specific bankswitching codes in order to launch GBA games. Thus, running Pogoshell on the 3in1 will only work for things like MOD files, MIDI files, image files, and multiboot-capable plugins. You could probably get the NES and GB/GBC plugins to work, though I'm not entirely sure. You can launch multiboot GBA games, but no actual commercial games larger than 256 KB.

This is another thing that I want to screw around with when I get home from work. I also can't get it to work in VBA.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually with Pogoshell you use the specially modified version of VBA that comes with it, which has been modified to emulate Pogoshell more correctly. Check the folders that came with your Pogoshell download to see if it came with it. If not, download the latest official version (not Kuwanger's) to get it in one of the folders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*