Hacking Help with my Official R4i-SDHC

ajdockery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the problem is my r4i-sdhc isn't loading my roms anymore, i updated to the latest r4i-sdhc sofware 1.08, and it worked great for 2 weeks, I tried to put some more roms on it and the when i loaded it back up all my roms showed then dissapeared. I have tried formatting it, then putting it back on with less stuff, formating it then going back to old firmware, formatting it then loading it, then putting roms on there and loading it, none of it works.
Any Ideas need help

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically it's still a clone/fake. Anyway...

How did you format the SD card? Try the Panasonic SD formatter if you didn't use that one already. Then download a fresh copy of the firmware. If that doesn't work then it's likely the problem is with the R4 itself.

ajdockery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could show you a pic of what the thing looks like when i load it i would but i can't no camera, basically when it loads it looks like a regular game screen and then it loads and all, but shows nothing like I never even put roms on it in the first place, its very aggrevating

Your most likely right, it came from dealextreme, for extremely cheap, but if you know of any other software that would work plz let me know

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Try putting your roms alphabetically. It happened to me too
frown.gif
and putting roms alphabetically fixed the problem

2. Maybe your flashcart died
frown.gif

Try getting another one of those carts of the same kind (not recommended) or get an AceKard2i or some other DSi flashcart that has no R4 in it.

ajdockery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i'll try the alphabetical things, when i put them on i usually leave them numbered' and i also don,t think its dead cause moonshell still works perfectly and all homebrew i load from moonshell also work fine

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't be purchase R4i because they are basically clones.. and can be faulty sometimes.. If i were you i will try to purchase another cart rather than hoping for it to work because its a waste of time.. go ahead and buy some acekard 2i (I prefer M3i actually..)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zero383 said:
No such thing as an official R4i. They are ALL fakes/clones. I really can't understand why people still buy this crap.

I suggest you post in the R4 forum with your problem.
...didn't the M4 team recently buy out the R4 brand name and started to manufacture some actual 'official ones?'

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Da-Bomb1 said:
zero383 said:
No such thing as an official R4i. They are ALL fakes/clones. I really can't understand why people still buy this crap.

...didn't the M4 team recently buy out the R4 brand name and started to manufacture some actual 'official ones?'

you mean m3 team? NO they didn't
m3 simply = r4
smile.gif

so basically thats self explanatory

ajdockery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sheesh don't blow it all up in my face, ok so now apparently my FAKE r4i still isnt working right, alphabitcall don't work, any suggestions anyone, besides buying i've already put that into consideration, and I say, Acekard better work 10 times better or else its gonna be one, so any suggestions

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Da-Bomb1 said:
zero383 said:

m3 simply = r4
smile.gif

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
zero383 said:

m3 simply = r4
smile.gif

Also, that explains why r4 firmware works on m3 DS simply hardware(my first cart but run r4 now) and i think R4 is pretty much dead.. and i don't think there would be any "official" firmware update now and.... forever...
tongue.gif

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elixirdream said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
zero383 said:

m3 simply = r4
smile.gif

Uh, yeah, lol, I was thinking R4.
tongue.gif

...but does that mean that this news post was like, wrong?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=163785

'cause it says it was an official take-over of the brand name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1