dbkdbk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do this one additional test:
Open exploit in browser. After executing exploit you'll see transitional screen. White screen with blue "wii u" in the right bottom. It should play some music. Does that music ever change/stop?

There is music playing during the transitional screen, but the transitional screen doesn't stay for long, it's there for about half a second. Then the HBL opens up and the HBL music plays.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
There is music playing during the transitional screen, but the transitional screen doesn't stay for long, it's there for about half a second. Then the HBL opens up and the HBL music plays.
Ok, one more test in order for us to get the whole picture. Try teh same with hbl release v1.1 and loadiine the previous nightly (one before the latest). Switch to both of them at the same time.

dbkdbk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried loading WWHD just now. Black screen. I've also tried the SD card I use for my Wii, no difference.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I didnt update my libwiiu that I used to compile the payloads since november 2015. Therefore I was missing the fix that was added to it for firmware 5.0.0. The HBL package is updated now with the correct libwiiu compiled payload versions.

dbkdbk2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
I was getting ready to tell you that WWHD crashed... but then it didn't crash. Thanks!

What was different about these payload files? (BTW: I had been using wiiubru.com to load the payloads, but I used my phone to host the files you linked at Mega.)
Just don't forget to disable logging. Some game don't like it and randomly crash.
Dimok already explained what was the problem (he used old version of libwiiu, that had incorrect address for OSDynload_Aquire for 5.0.0). He already updated github page with correct payloads, so as soon as @pwsincd updates his site, you can switch back to it.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Just don't forget to disable logging. Some game don't like it and randomly crash.
Dimok already explained what was the problem (he used old version of libwiiu, that had incorrect address for OSDynload_Aquire for 5.0.0). He already updated github page with correct payloads, so as soon as @pwsincd updates his site, you can switch back to it.

What am i updating .. @andriy921 :)

Last edited by pwsincd,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think andriy921 meant you should replace the current payloads on wiiubru.com with the ones in the following Mega link:
No what he said is that you should re-download the package of HBL and use the new "www" files in it.
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v1.2_RC1

@pwsincd
It was my mistake for not updating libwiiu in a while and using the old version to compile the payloads. It is corrected now in that RC1 package I re-uploaded. I didn't change anything on the HBL code itself or the installer code which is why it is still RC1. Just use current RC1 package and replace everything you have.

@dbkdbk2
You should try the "www" files from the RC1 package above to verify that they also work and not only the mega link from andriy921. Then we can confirm that the official package is in correct form now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1