Help with IOS Patcher 1.1 From Waninkoko

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by manangatang, Jan 17, 2009.

1. manangatang
    OP

manangatang Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    Hi all - I'm just a complete noob at this, so 'hi' to everyone, and thank you in advance for reading.

I've been trying to get a backup version of Mortal Kombat Armageddon to work on my wii, and saw this forum Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Forum Link on GBAtemp. I'm having a similar problem to a user on there, and am not sure whether it's been resolved?

The issue is, I download ver 1.1 of IOS patcher, and have my MTKA .ISO file saved on my PC. When I launch the .exe, it says USAGE: C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\IOSPatcher-1.1\IOSPatcher.exe , then 'press any key to continue...'.

My .ISO is saved in another folder, so I find that folder, select the .ISO and click and drag into the .exe, where it now says (directly under 'press any key to continue'): "C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\Desktop\New Folder\Armageddon.iso"

I then type in 249 and press enter. What happens now is that the .exe seems to do nothing, and closes itself. I check the .ISO file to see if anything has been changed (size, date modified etc.) and nothing has changed.

Could someone please be kind enough to help me with this? I really appreciate your time and help.

Nick

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer Frizzle Fry

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    you patched the game correctly. just burn it now and thats it. i went through the same process to get house of the dead 2 and 3 working.

3. manangatang
    OP

manangatang Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    Thanks for your response. I tried burning after doing this, and the game crashed after the 'you can use these controllers' page...

Any more suggestions? Should the .exe actually say something after I enter 249 and press enter?

4. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer Frizzle Fry

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    California
    huh, the program just quits after you press enter. it seems like you have the same trouble as in post #126 of thread you linked to in your first thread. apparently you didnt patch the game right. i would go throught that thread again and start from post 126.

5. manangatang
    OP

manangatang Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    Thanks again for your reply, I'll go and have another look. I think the person that had the same issue was responded to by message rather than on the board... hmm...