Hacking help with getting a CFW on my new3ds Ver. 9.0.0-20E

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great so ... you need to put your .CIA format games on your sd card anywhere you want is fine as long as you know where it is (for organization sake the guide had you create and use a CIA folder ... so I suggest putting your. CIA files in said folder)

Once you have them on your sd card you will want to boot up FBI navigate to the CIA file and select install and delete (or just install if you want to keep the CIA file itself even after the game is already installed ...)

And the last and longest step is waiting for the install durring which time you can't put it in sleep mode and you can't suspend the app it will take about the same amount of time as if you were downloading from the e-shop (which in the case of large games could be hours) ... my advice is to get a bunch of games you want and batch install them right before you go to bed so they will be waiting for you when you get up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, I didn't notice. In future please use the "report" function though :)
oh I thought that's why you noticed this thread... I mean the OP did ask for roms and you did respond kinda like a mod should... I thought you were you know "Quantumcat, on the job!"

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's great so ... you need to put your .CIA format games on your sd card anywhere you want is fine as long as you know where it is (for organization sake the guide had you create and use a CIA folder ... so I suggest putting your. CIA files in said folder)

Once you have them on your sd card you will want to boot up FBI navigate to the CIA file and select install and delete (or just install if you want to keep the CIA file itself even after the game is already installed ...)

And the last and longest step is waiting for the install durring which time you can't put it in sleep mode and you can't suspend the app it will take about the same amount of time as if you were downloading from the e-shop (which in the case of large games could be hours) ... my advice is to get a bunch of games you want and batch install them right before you go to bed so they will be waiting for you when you get up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh I thought that's why you noticed this thread... I mean the OP did ask for roms and you did respond kinda like a mod should... I thought you were you know "Quantumcat, on the job!"

thanks,very helpful tips there :). btw the system now shows its: Sys 11.10.0-43E. Just to be on the safe side, am i ok to use this cfw 3ds like a normal 3ds like to play games online and multiplayer, roam internet, E shop etc etc freely without getting my system blocked by ninti? is it safe? is there anything i need to avoid etc? i remember in the guide it said i had to disable friend notification.:unsure:

oh and another thing, i was wondering which folder does the save files creates itself once you start playing, and can i copy/move the games and their save files to my computer? and then drag and drop them back in to that folder when i want to play? (like how its done in sky3ds)

Last edited by zubz19,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks,very helpful tips there :). btw the system now shows its: Sys 11.10.0-43E. Just to be on the safe side, am i ok to use this cfw 3ds like a normal 3ds like to play games online and multiplayer, roam internet, E shop etc etc freely without getting my system blocked by ninti? is it safe? is there anything i need to avoid etc? i remember in the guide it said i had to disable friend notification.
yeah that's all safe on the 3ds there is not much you can do to get banned, the short list goes as fallows... playing games before they come out in your country (3ds is eol so this should be easy)
Attempting to download (from the eshop) games you don't own (obvious no no)
And cheating in games online
Oh and disabling that notification doesn't actually do much it just helps people to feel as if they're sending less data to Nintendo when in reality they are just blocking themselves from being able to see the data and Nintendo still getting it regardless
oh and another thing, i was wondering which folder does the save files creates itself once you start playing, and can i copy/move the games and their save files to my computer? and then drag and drop them back in to that folder when i want to play? (like how its done in sky3ds)
it's not drag and drop easy but luckily there is an app for that enter checkpoint

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: zubz19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1