BlackAngel5

OP
Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't kept up to date with the gateway/ 3DS rom scene and I've forgotten a lot of things, so I apologize for my noobiness. I recently dusted my 3DS off my shelf and decided I wanted to update my emunand, which was at about 10.2 (sorry I forgot exactly what it was) but it was pretty outdated. I looked up how to update my emunand and saw that it was easy as going into the emunand and updating it from the settings, which I did. it updated successfully and my emunand is currently at 11.2. However, when I went to press "select" to open the game launcher, it didn't work. None of the games were popping up. I know I didn't brick it because the sysnand is working fine and so is the emunand, and I can access the gateway menu fine. The only problem is that I can't launch my games. Does anyone know how to fix this? My sysnand is at 9.0.0-2 and im on gateway v3.6. This is an O3DS btw.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as i hate the above statement . . . he is totally correct you should look into converting your save files and let your gateway rest in peace . . . like the developers decided to do just admit its totally redundant and otherwise moot, you too should come to that same conclusion realization

BlackAngel5

OP
Trophies
Website
sasugasugoi.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
as much as i hate the above statement . . . he is totally correct you should look into converting your save files and let your gateway rest in peace . . . like the developers decided to do just admit its totally redundant and otherwise moot, you too should come to that same conclusion realization
yeah I've been pretty outdated I haven't touched my 3DS in a long time. I'm currently looking into luma. My biggest concern is as you said, my saves from my gateway roms. Do you know where they're stored or saved? is it on the sd card in my 3DS? The only files on the sd card in my gateway are the roms. What would I have to convert it to?

Also, does me having installed emunand/gateway affect luma at all? Or can I just install luma by following a normal getting started guide? My only concern is that my emunand might interfere/fuck up my luma installation

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
yeah I've been pretty outdated I haven't touched my 3DS in a long time. I'm currently looking into luma. My biggest concern is as you said, my saves from my gateway roms. Do you know where they're stored or saved? is it on the sd card in my 3DS? The only files on the sd card in my gateway are the roms. What would I have to convert it to?

Also, does me having installed emunand/gateway affect luma at all? Or can I just install luma by following a normal getting started guide? My only concern is that my emunand might interfere/fuck up my luma installation
Try this for the saves.

And EmuNAND is independent of SysNAND, so it does not affect it at all.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My biggest concern is as you said, my saves from my gateway roms. Do you know where they're stored or saved? is it on the sd card in my 3DS? The only files on the sd card in my gateway are the roms. What would I have to convert it to?
Importing Gateway saves to cia games | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

complete the guide as it instructs do everything it asks from vanilla sysnand at the end there will be an optional section to convert your emunand to sysnand (as emunand is no longer . . . helpful to the average user it was for brick protection but with b9s you can unbrick your system if ever needed . . .or you can keep your emunand as is but at this point its a waste of 2gigs of sd space)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Luma3DS will not effect how your emuNAND operates, although you really should just flash that emuNAND to your sysNAND. There's no reason to keep emuNANDs anymore.
Once you've updated to B9S and Luma3DS, backed up your saves, you should then follow this part of the guide to removing your emuNAND
https://3ds.hacks.guide/move-emunand.html

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
offtopic but i just noticed cats without ears would just look creepy
310661.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw