Hacking Help With Emunand On Atmosphere 0.13

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hey guys so i made several emunands for my friends and all is good, but my friend has an ipatched console on 4.1 and previously made emunand for him using kosmos.
What happend was his son updated the emunand so it crashed somehow.

console boots to stock 4.1 and loads atmosphere using caffine normally but crashes when i open the album

when i try and load the emunand, i get the bootlogos and just after the switch logo a black screen.

tried every possible thing from basic atmosphere to the one compiled from sdsetup to even deepblue firmware which works normally on mine, but keeps crashing on his

any suggestions i hit a brick wall

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dont have too much experience with this but it sounds like the emunand is bricked. He may need to delete that emunand and recreate it. But since I'm not too experienced, I'd probably wait for confirmation from another person.

Reactions: Xandroz

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I did delete it and format the whole console
I went to buy another micro sd just in case to test out and will initilaize his switch as well

its just so weird to be honest

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm yeah that is strange, so u repartitioned the microsd, tried with another microsd card (and the different atmosphere setups) and it still didnt work?

Or are you now trying with the new microsd card?

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I repartioned the old one and didnt work and tried several atmosphere combos still doesnt
I will try and get another sd and see

all the results reflect to the same emunand doesnt boot and the sysnand boots but crashes when i open the album

will report back in an hour

Reactions: onibaku

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Atmosphere 0.13 is just buggy as hell, i downloaded kosmos an old version from 6 month ago and it booted and managed to load emunand and fet it to 10.0.4

will load atmosphere now

geez that was a nightmare

manolito21

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks Xandroz for the info! Im trying too but Im getting so many black screens with emunands.
I have an iPatched on 4.1.0 and I tried ams 0.12 and 0.13 with Hekate 5.3, didn't get anything clear. Every time I format the sd but nothing change.
So did you try Kosmos? Which version 15.4 maybe?

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks Xandroz for the info! Im trying too but Im getting so many black screens with emunands.
I have an iPatched on 4.1.0 and I tried ams 0.12 and 0.13 with Hekate 5.3, didn't get anything clear. Every time I format the sd but nothing change.
So did you try Kosmos? Which version 15.4 maybe?

I have an ipatched on 4.1.0 (emunand on ams 0.12, hekate 5.2.1 and fw 10.0.2) which works fine. I haven't tried updating or using ams 0.13 yet though. However, I probably wouldn't recommend Kosmos as its discontinued, not quite sure which firmwares its supported on but if anything try the latest (and last) Kosmos release.

Btw you've probably done this but just in case you havent, when updating atmosphere, dont copy over and replace new files with old ones (this has caused me issues before). You should delete atmosphere, bootloader and sept folders from your microsd card and place fresh ones (beware that you may also be deleting configs so hekate may not be configured the same way).

Last edited by onibaku,
Reactions: manolito21

Xandroz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I used version 14.1 of kosmos with 4.1 stock
Booted emunand with it and then updated to 10.0.4

then i threw the compiled deep sea firmware for ease of use, already patched and works perfect with hekate for me

https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-ne...-that-continues-where-kosmos-left-off.566166/

all you need is an old version of kosmos, for some reason the new atmosphere just doesnt click with 4.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just used an old version of kosmos just to boot and update the emunand, then your free to use atmosphere or deep sea or whatever you think suits you.
I am just loving deep sea reminds me of kosmos days

manolito21

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes I tried that too onibaku with no success. Thanks anyway:lol:
I'm testing the last pack of Kosmos 16.1 and it works! Emunand on 10.0.4 and no black screen yet. :yayswitch:
In a future I will give DeepSea a try Xandroz, it looks good and because of the reasons onibaku mentioned before

Thanks for the post Xandroz, yesterday was a hard day with my switch but now its all ok:grog::grog::grog:

Reactions: Xandroz and onibaku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.