Hacking Help with corrupted files?

That_guy6805

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I was getting the error message "ERROR The card was removed (ErrDisp)" when I open FBI and Homebrew. I was gonna try to meddle with it myself so I was making a copy of the contents on the sd card and I got a message that some files were corrupted. I'm very new to all this modding stuff and I bricked my old 3ds and don't want to do it again. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited by That_guy6805,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I was getting the error message "ERROR The card was removed (ErrDisp)" when I open FBI and Homebrew. I was gonna try to meddle with it myself so I was making a copy of the contents on the sd card and I got a message that some files were corrupted. I'm very new to all this modding stuff and I bricked my old 3ds and don't want to do it again. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Try to analyse (and possibly repair) your SD card performing this. But, if not possible after all (sadly, you get lost all your actual content), you must use a new SD card, format it and finally follow this tutorial

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried copying all the files into a backup folder, and that's when I got the error that some files are corrupted
As I said above, then you must to proceed with a new SD card. Or, if posible, try to make an image of your actual SD card (a.k.a cloning the SD card) instead of just try to copy its content (but I would say that there's nothing more to do with that card and its content)

Last edited by fmkid,

That_guy6805

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm just scared that even if I got a new sd card I couldn't just copy and paste everything onto it because some files won't copy over. What would happen if I put a fresh sd card into a 3ds with CFW? I did backup what the guide told me too if that helps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It seems like maybe only the CIAs are corrupted. I tried accessing GM9 and it still works, so then I tried changing the download and play app back to launching up homebrew it's worked and I'm able to access FBI from that menu. Maybe I could format my new 2ds xl removing all the apps and stuff then redownload all the cias?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk