Help with Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by HylianHero1220, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008

Help with Acekard 2 by HylianHero1220 at 4:39 PM (6,290 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. HylianHero1220
    OP

Newcomer HylianHero1220 Advanced Member

United States
    Ok, I recommended it to a friend(I have a TTDS) and now, when he trys to start it with firmware it always says "System file is missing"

A little help? [​IMG]

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The firmware for the AK2 has a file (akmenu4.nds) and a folder (__ak2). Place both the file and folder on your microSD card. Make a new folder named "games" and put a few .nds games in that folder. You should then be all set. Get the newest firmware here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2695

-Bri

3. HylianHero1220
    OP

Newcomer HylianHero1220 Advanced Member

United States
    Yea, he fixed it, turns out he copied the folder containing the files to the root, not the files themselves. But now I have a new question. TWEWY keeps freezing on him. He has tried multiple ROMs and has even reformatted his SD into FAT32, no dice. Could it be a faulty Acekard?

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    If he is using cheat codes that could cause a problem.

5. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    TWEWY doesn't work with alot of cards - on ak2 its fixed by using a very fast microsd card (adata class 6 or so) im not sure about any software fixes.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    TWEWY runs fine on my AK2 with my 2GB Japanese Kingston formatted FAT16. Try playing around with some of the options, particularly those under "patches."

-Bri

7. Topfragger

Member Topfragger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    we need to make one big sticky thread for people who need to ask questions about help.

also if TWEWY doesn't run on your flashcard be thankful, i've never played a more tedious piece of software that is more graphic novel than game.
    that and the main character is someone i'd really really enjoy throttling