Hacking HELP! Wii U bricked after installing Coldboot Haxchi

D

Deleted User

Something that should be able to recover any soft brick, but it is nowhere near figured out.
gotcha. Somewhat similar to how we recover bricks with 3ds. (I said somewhat as they probably do it differently for obvious reasons)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dismanteling the system is probably the hardest part. eyekey's tools can fix already cbhc systemes or ones about to be. burn the fixed image. I've never had this problem, so it's easy for me to say. u don't have much to lose though.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dismanteling the system is probably the hardest part. eyekey's tools can fix already cbhc systemes or ones about to be. burn the fixed image. I've never had this problem, so it's easy for me to say. u don't have much to lose though.
All true. The most important part is getting the dump before you brick. I was in the process of taking multiple backups when I forgot to remove CBHC in between a format. I'm not worried though. I was doing the prep work for a purposeful brick. I have 2 times all nand backups. Before CBHC. After CBHC and redNAND backup. I was going for three before I bricked and accidentally bricked just like a regular user. Now we wait for my teensy

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb
D

Deleted User

Something that should be able to recover any soft brick, but it is nowhere near figured out.
Well, if you dump anything from SysConfigTool, another empty folder named 'recovery' will appear in SDCard://Nintendo Wii U/ :P

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to hijack Op's thread, but none of this brick-stuff never happens with Mocha CFW, right? At least from what I've read, it seems to be the safer method of obtaining cfw on the Wii U.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not to hijack Op's thread, but none of this brick-stuff never happens with Mocha CFW, right? At least from what I've read, it seems to be the safer method of obtaining cfw on the Wii U.
if you run cbhc to boot mocha is the same exact thing, technicaly worse since mocha does protect the ds ttile like cbhc default cfw does, if you still use browser exploit to launch mocha then you are fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally made a NAND dump after the fact, but eyekeys tools will or should fix that, so making them before or after shouldn't matter. I think as long as u have the otp, u should be good. I personally use my system every day, and I've not made a cbhc mistake, but I understand that that can happen. the fake tickets - I learned how to do that from one of the fellow temp members. it wasn't towards cbhc though. it was just to remove a fake ticket from a game I had bought. I didn't want a fake ticket for a legit game. lol

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Last edited by EyeKey,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Erxkum

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm going to hijack this thread because I'm curious,
1. Is there a way to dump wiiU nand and restore it later?
2. Is there anyone working on something similar to the Wii's priiloader or boot0?

D

Deleted User

I'm going to hijack this thread because I'm curious,
1. Is there a way to dump wiiU nand and restore it later?
2. Is there anyone working on something similar to the Wii's priiloader or boot0?
1. Yes-ish. (dump yes. Restore=hardmod as I know)
2.Was. exploit is known, not implemented as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P