Hacking HELP! Wii U bricked after installing Coldboot Haxchi

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought a game from eshop and I installed one using the wup installer. I think that I installed cold boot on the wrong game because both could be used for haxchi, but one was from wup
this doesnt work lol, i bought the game lol and installed with wup installer lolol, no you didint buy it at all since if you bought it you wouldnt need wup installer at all it would install normaly, why do people keep installing cbhc over fake ds VC games srs i dont get it, dont they read you need to buy the game ? its the first line of every damn tutorial.

if you had 2 games why didnt you choosed the bought one? lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if something could be added to a non legit title that cbhc could detect

Maybe a cross referenced log file from wupinstaller to cbhc

I think youre correct here, the least amount of code required would be for wupinstaller to write a log to SD or even NAND when titles are installed with it, and CHBC to read this and indicate what's safe and what isn't.

(Note I think it should still give option to instal over unsafe fsigned games, as someone would fork it and remove blacklist/whitelist anyway)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow . But no lol .
Ah come on lol. It's certainly bricked. Someone has to take one for the team. I just ordered the wrong teensy.

I have a redNAND backup (partial nand backup)
I have a full nand backup before CBHC.
And I have a full nand backup after CBHC.

This should be fun.

Reactions: zxr750j

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not necessarily, it can very well be installed from browserhax>hbl>installer, the mocha/cbhc installers do the privilege escalations on their own
cbhc needs sigpatches to isntall in the first place, you need to run a cfw before changing any nand file if you run mocha you are already on cfw mode and cbhc launches haxchi cfw before isntalling so again you are in cfw sigpatches disabled mode when the actual install happens.

D

Deleted User

this is why I make sure and double check everything here. Instead of some sites

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Add me! :) description, bricked one of my Wii U's on purpose by formatting with CBHC to write a hardmod restore guide
Might as well add me to killing my vwii to see what happens when you try to play a wii game from eshop. (occasionally interesting results may occur) actually. don't.
amount of times I bricked vwii
accidental times without no back up:twice
amount of times I brick vwii to see how eshop vwii functions( have backup):2
total amount of bricks for all devices and amounts.
wii 1 (dead)
3ds (3 times) and the 3rd is the charm as I got bootrom error. All hail magnet hax
wiiu (vwii)4
grand total of 11 bricks. thats a lot of recovering needing to be done.

Last edited by ,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u may have installed a game that u pirated first in which case the fake ticket my override the legit one. I could, as well several others, tell u how to remove the fake ticket, because it does in fact remain after deleting the game. I think it's a flaw in how the ticket system works actually. anyway, u can delete it, but don't the tick since it may go to other games. the best thing to do is test the game first. if a fake ticket overrides a legit one (i.e. being first in the tik file), it will fail install. if u were using cfw, however, it won't fail install suggesting u had a legit ticket. u should remove all traces of the game and its ticket which goes beyond deleting just the game. ur system is bricked now, but u can recover it with the tools made by eyekey. they revert cbhc bricks. then, do as I suggested before trying again.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add me! :) description, bricked one of my Wii U's on purpose by formatting with CBHC to write a hardmod restore guide

How's that tutorial coming along? Currently have my Wii U disassembled, looking for a way to permanently install a hardmod. However, I think the teensy will have to be external.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's that tutorial coming along? Currently have my Wii U disassembled, looking for a way to permanently install a hardmod. However, I think the teensy will have to be external.
I ordered the wrong teensy and didn't know until I had the whole Wii U torn apart. My wife has asked me to wait until next paycheck to order the correct teensy

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P