Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so ive actually just borrowed the:
- White DSTT cart thing
- Micro SD 512mb

They worked before, played sight training and other games, they saved worked etc.

Now i've gotten it tried to get games on it and now it doesnt work.

I stick the white shell with the microSD, into the DS lite and i get the "There is no DS card inserted"

I've tried different things, including reformatting...

Is mine a dud? well its not even mine... am i going to have to say to my uncle its a dud, which he'll just think ive broken it...

hate2.gif

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if it gets white screen while loading games then update the firmware or have you tried blowing on the card and on the ds.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
probably just needs the contacts cleaned. Give them a wipe with whatever you can wedge between the plastic bits, a cloth poked with a screwdriver or something.

- What i do with my slot 1 cards, is (carefully) remove the plastiv 'teeth' from them, than when they need cleaned, and they tend to from time to time, it's much simpler.

UBERboomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried blowing, im having no sucess there.

When you say contact, do you mean contact with the microSD or the actual White card thing?

I dont even get the DSTT menu to start playing the games.

Since I reformatted i have a
- TT menu folder
- TTmenu "media looking file?"
- Sight training folder

I also tried having a seperate folder called GAMES which i stuck sight training into which didnt work.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Insert the DSTT without the microSD card in it. You should get an icon that says "Menu?" If you don't, you have a contact problem. If you do, turn off the DS, insert the microSD and try again.

-Bri

UBERboomer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that.

I get the same no card inserted message without the MicroSD, i've been trying sticking paper in behind infront, different amount of folds etc.. still having no luck.
Perhaps someone could tell me specifically how to help get contact.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it's a contact problem (and it sounds like it is) you should return it and exchange it for a new one (or better yet a better cart like an Acekard 2 or Edge).

-Bri

exploder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue, and I'm considering getting a new card. What's the best replacement? Would my save files be compatible with the Acekard 2 or any others?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the Acekard 2 because it has an extremely nice and responsive menu. But the Edge would also be a decent choice. If you want to spend (a lot) more money for a few extra features, the CycloDS is good too (I don't personally think it's worth the extra money because I wouldn't use the extra features).

The DSTT saves are compatible with the Acekard 2, but would have to be renamed to "filename.nds.sav" instead of "filename.sav". I'm not sure about the Edge, but there is an online converter for save files so it's not a big deal to convert from one cart to another.

-Bri

exploder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm choosing between the CycloDS and Acekard2 now. Tough choice. I can't seem to find the CycloDS on DealExtreme, though... any other places recommended?

Edit: Or maybe not the CycloDS because the support site seems to be down indefinitely. Damnit.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I'd wait on the CycloDS until there is word on what is going on there.

The SCDS1 might be worth considering, but the menu is sluggish and overly complicated. It does have a lot of features and a good price though, so if you're not so concerned about the menu and can't live without extra features like game state dumps and slow-motion, the SCDS1 would be worth considering.

I would personally go with the Acekard 2, but that's because having a responsive menu is more important to me than a few extra features that I'll never use.

-Bri

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
your problem is caused by a cold solder joint on one of the chips on the ttds circuit board.
you need to pry open your ttds card and take out the green circuit board.
now use a pain stripper gun and heat the circuit board to remelt the solder.
assemble the card again and it will work fine. i had to do this to fix a couple of bad cards in the past.

mmalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with a card I just bought. it freezes while loading. just have a wee box on the top screen saying loading and goes no further, bottom screen is blank.

I have 2 other cards and the sd card works perfect with these so not the sd card. Had an r4 before that froze on loading games and put a bit of card in the back behind the contacts and it worked.

Is this the same issue ? dont mind doing this if this is a common fault but the card has not been used yet and probably under warranty.

any suggestions ?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@mmalone: If you can boot up a microSD card in another DSTT but the exact same microSD card won't boot up in this DSTT, you probably have a faulty DSTT. Exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

sab1977

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bonjour,

J ai un soucis avec ma r4i et la micro sd
Ce matin encore elle fonctionnait, j ai voulu enlever des jeux ca allait tjs.
Quand j ai voulu ajouter un jeu et remettre la micro sd dans la r4i il m a mis ce message "aucune carte n est inseree dans le port carte ds "

Pourriez vous me dire si le probleme viendrait de ma micro sd?
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi elle allait encore ce matin et juste apres l ajout d un jeu ca ne va plus
hate2.gif

Merci d avance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I think it means something like one of these...