[HELP] the sd card has been removed

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainZef, Nov 7, 2015.

1. CaptainZef
    OP

CaptainZef GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    i used the homebrew launcher to access the eshop and download the game, but every time i launch it i get 'the sd card has been removed'
    any idea why?

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    Nintendo tracked u down

TLOZmaster likes this.
  3. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    My brother had a similar problem(without any homebrew though) when he downloaded mh4u. Just needed to switch to a different sd card and Re-download.

4. rctgamer3

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Had the same problem with an eShop download. Opening the manual resulted in an error "The SD card has been removed" even though there's nothing wrong with my n3DS' SD card/slot. Likely that the game doesn't work on the firmware version you're running. Try running it in emuNAND.

Last edited by rctgamer3, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    my brother has the same problem randomly too. it usually is fixed by removing the sd card and putting it back in. i've considered cleaning the contacts and rubbing in a little contact spray if i ever get around getting some.

6. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    I had same problem when I was using microSD Management with PC as I used my brother's faulty 16GB microSD, then I decided to swap my 4GB microSD back and it's fine.

7. CaptainZef
    OP

CaptainZef GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    super late reply, also sorry for bumping the thread @ mods, but i just was able to come back.
    how would i go about doing this?