Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still need a hand? I can make the banner and icon for you if you want
wait uh...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still need a hand? I can make the banner and icon for you if you want
actually since i dont know how to edit the title ID of the game, I jsut changed it to family feud for snes
could we edit it to that instead?

wait uh...

actually since i dont know how to edit the title ID of the game, I jsut changed it to family feud for snes
could we edit it to that instead?
20160305_031043.jpg

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not change anything but I thought I would share it. You can edit the Game id in data.bin. I changed the official Super Mario World from KTR-UAAE to KTR-SUMW. If you ever extract the cia/3ds file this way you would know which data.bin you are looking at. I would suggest keeping a running document to list all titleid and gameid you use.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not change anything but I thought I would share it. You can edit the Game id in data.bin. I changed the official Super Mario World from KTR-UAAE to KTR-SUMW. If you ever extract the cia/3ds file this way you would know which data.bin you are looking at. I would suggest keeping a running document to list all titleid and gameid you use.
I'd probably keep em simple like "KTR-FEUD" or "KTR-NINJ" something easy to remember

Reactions: stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I just figured even though the injection will work without changing it, if you ever extract to customize with different banner or icons this will help you keep track of all those potential data.bin files people will undoubtedly archive for future use.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. I just figured even though the injection will work without changing it, if you ever extract to customize with different banner or icons this will help you keep track of all those potential data.bin files people will undoubtedly archive for future use.
thanks dude! Also are you aware of how I can edit my decrypted banner?
I'm trying to use Asia's toolkit, but it just doesn't want to work :/

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to edit? The icons/names. ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0 (just search ba-GUI-nnertool in google) in the tools tab open Ohana3DS and use this to open/edit the banner.cgfx and banner10.bcmdl files (export/import png images, be sure to save when done editing). Use 3DSBannerMaker to create icon.bin (exe folder) by editing the AppData.txt (long/short/publisher) save and run the _buildscript.py script (python install required) and it will generate icon.icn. This file can be opened with Everyfilexplorer in the tools tab of ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0. Use Everyfilexplorer to inject large (48x48) and small (24x24) icons and save. Rename icon.icn to icon.bin and place in exe folder overwriting the current one. Also put icon.bin in the romfs folder and rename to KTR-UAAE.icn. Not really sure why there are 2 icon files with different names but I changed both of them. At this point open PackHack from @Asia81 and type banner and select 2. It will create a banner.bin in the folder with the HackingToolkit.exe. Move banner.bin to exe folder and build .3ds file with PackHack from @Asia81 as normal. Sorry so long, just trying to make it as understandable as possible. If this is not what you were asking I am sorry. Hit me up if you need anything else. You probably already know but do not forget to edit the saveid in DecryptedEXheader.bin. Don't make any crazy changes (for example I edited it from F700E (official SMW saveid) to F7A0E. Keep track of used saveid as well so you don't reuse one by accident.

Last edited by stl25,
Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to edit? The icons/names. ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0 (just search ba-GUI-nnertool in google) in the tools tab open Ohana3DS and use this to open/edit the banner.cgfx and banner10.bcmdl files (export/import png images, be sure to save when done editing). Use 3DSBannerMaker to create icon.bin (exe folder) by editing the AppData.txt (long/short/publisher) save and run the _buildscript.py script (python install required) and it will generate icon.icn. This file can be opened with Everyfilexplorer in the tools tab of ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0. Use Everyfilexplorer to inject large (48x48) and small (24x24) icons and save. Rename icon.icn to icon.bin and place in exe folder overwriting the current one. Also put icon.bin in the romfs folder and rename to KTR-UAAE.icn. Not really sure why there are 2 icon files with different names but I changed both of them. At this point open PackHack from @Asia81 and type banner and select 2. It will create a banner.bin in the folder with the HackingToolkit.exe. Move banner.bin to exe folder and build .3ds file with PackHack from @Asia81 as normal. Sorry so long, just trying to make it as understandable as possible. If this is not what you were asking I am sorry. Hit me up if you need anything else.
i can't import the edited files back in using ohana3ds :C

EDIT** NVM i got it :)

Last edited by Mr.ButtButt,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download ba-GUI-nnertool? Open the banner.cgfx export the 128x128 png to your desktop. Use google images to find the start screen pic of the game you want and edit the pic to be a 128x128 png. Import with Ohana3ds and save. This will just edit the pic that shows up in the tv on the banner. To edit the game name export the USA_EN2.png from banner10.bcmdl using Ohana3DS. I'll attach a template of this file that you can edit with GIMP. After editing the template with GIMP export the file as a png to your desktop. Use Ohana3ds to import it into banner10.bcmdl and save. Now just generate the updated banner.bin with @Asia81's tool and replace the banner.bin file in the exe folder.

Attachments

• OriginalBannerVC.rar
    3 KB · Views: 97

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you trying to edit? The icons/names. ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0 (just search ba-GUI-nnertool in google) in the tools tab open Ohana3DS and use this to open/edit the banner.cgfx and banner10.bcmdl files (export/import png images, be sure to save when done editing). Use 3DSBannerMaker to create icon.bin (exe folder) by editing the AppData.txt (long/short/publisher) save and run the _buildscript.py script (python install required) and it will generate icon.icn. This file can be opened with Everyfilexplorer in the tools tab of ba-GUI-nnertool v2.0. Use Everyfilexplorer to inject large (48x48) and small (24x24) icons and save. Rename icon.icn to icon.bin and place in exe folder overwriting the current one. Also put icon.bin in the romfs folder and rename to KTR-UAAE.icn. Not really sure why there are 2 icon files with different names but I changed both of them. At this point open PackHack from @Asia81 and type banner and select 2. It will create a banner.bin in the folder with the HackingToolkit.exe. Move banner.bin to exe folder and build .3ds file with PackHack from @Asia81 as normal. Sorry so long, just trying to make it as understandable as possible. If this is not what you were asking I am sorry. Hit me up if you need anything else. You probably already know but do not forget to edit the saveid in DecryptedEXheader.bin. Don't make any crazy changes (for example I edited it from F700E (official SMW saveid) to F7A0E. Keep track of used saveid as well so you don't reuse one by accident.
I select 2 in the banner thing in Asia's toolkit and it creates a banner.bin that's 0 bytes :c

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you download ba-GUI-nnertool? Open the banner.cgfx export the 128x128 png to your desktop. Use google images to find the start screen pic of the game you want and edit the pic to be a 128x128 png. Import with Ohana3ds and save. This will just edit the pic that shows up in the tv on the banner. To edit the game name export the USA_EN2.png from banner10.bcmdl using Ohana3DS. I'll attach a template of this file that you can edit with GIMP. After editing the template with GIMP export the file as a png to your desktop. Use Ohana3ds to import it into banner10.bcmdl and save. Now just generate the updated banner.bin with @Asia81's tool and replace the banner.bin file in the exe folder.
or you can do all this steps easily by rename banner.cgfx to banner0.bcmdl and use ba-GUI-nnertool

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or you can do all this steps easily by rename banner.cgfx to banner0.bcmdl and use ba-GUI-nnertool
could you pm me?
i want to keep the same model and stuff for the snes VC but i want to edit it, but im having trouble following what to do xP

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you try ba-GUI-nnertool ?
There is an HOW TO.pdf inthe mainfolder
yes, but there's a problem i think.
i want both the "tv" model and the "snes" model to show up in the banner.
so if i just import the banner.cgfx, the wont i just get the "tv" model, instead of both?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout