Homebrew Help restoring my 3DS to factory settings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crumpleton
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,376
  • Replies Replies 5

Crumpleton

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
33
XP
72
Country
United States
I have an old New 3DS that I'd installed Luma 6.6 to. Intending to restore it to factory settings, I reset the system, deleting everything from it, and wiped the microSD card clean. Then I updated it to the most recent firmware, expecting that to be that (I know, I'm a dummy)

However, Luma 6.6 is still installed. When I power it on while holding Select, the Luma screen still comes up. I looked up ways to delete Luma, but it seems that most of them require it to be updated to 7.0, and mine's stuck on 6.6. Any advice on what to do? It's not a massive deal, but I'd rather have it restored to factory settings in case I decide to sell it later.
 
You probably have A9LH? The easiest way to remove A9LH (or, for that matter, any other coldboot exploit) is to restore the nand backup you undoubtly diligently made before installing it :)
(especially on a N3DS, where you can't remove A9LH just by writing an official kernel to the kernel partitions, but you need to restore the secret sector too)

Failing that, update to B9S (which includes restoring the secret sector), then remove it as said by @ElementalBliss

"Removing luma" is simple - just remove it from the SD and/or internal storage (and is not your real question)
 
You probably have A9LH? The easiest way to remove A9LH (or, for that matter, any other coldboot exploit) is to restore the nand backup you undoubtly diligently made before installing it :)
(especially on a N3DS, where you can't remove A9LH just by writing an official kernel to the kernel partitions, but you need to restore the secret sector too)

Failing that, update to B9S (which includes restoring the secret sector), then remove it as said by @ElementalBliss

"Removing luma" is simple - just remove it from the SD and/or internal storage (and is not your real question)

Alright, giving this a shot. Apologies for getting the terminology wrong, I'm pretty new to all this.
 

Site & Scene News