Homebrew [Help] Restored nand, reinstalling everything, and rosalina problem

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**I just restored the nand on my old 2ds via godmode9. I can boot into godmode after restoring the nand and factory reset. gm9 restored the nand and it is on firmware 11.2 and hacked it with the soundhax method. Luma 9 was the cfw that I installed right after hacking the 2ds back in 2018.

I followed the 'finalizing setup' section from 3dshacks guide and placed the folders and files accordingly but I hit a couple of snags. Rosalina opened in the 'download play application' but when I tried to set the setting for the homebrew launcher to load, a black screen with text appeared instead. It says to save the log and to turn off the system. I repeated the process and hit saved in rosalina menu to save the settings thinking that it will fix the problem but the download play application when launched loads to the black screen with text instead. Both the download play application and rosalina are inaccessible.

I'd appreciate some help here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be tied with that. if you remove the sd card and just use the boot.firm on ctrNAND, download play will boot instead, so it's tied to the configuration on the sd card. you could do that just in case you think something may be wrong with download play.

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be tied with that. if you remove the sd card and just use the boot.firm on ctrNAND, download play will boot instead, so it's tied to the configuration on the sd card. you could do that just in case you think something may be wrong with download play.

I copied both boot.firm and boot.3dsx to the sd card root. So both files always need to be at the root at all times?

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for helping bro. Adding those two files made the difference. The download play app loads normally and installing the hba cia launches hbl.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@godreborn

I made a backup of entire sd card before restoring the 2ds nand. I had a lot of game content installed and it would be tedious to reinstall everything all over. Is there a way to restore my games from the nintendo 3ds folder? Can I just copy and paste it or is there catch to it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think tikdevil can scan the sd card and create the missing tickets, but I've never used it, so I don't know much about it or even if it still works.

x64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think tikdevil can scan the sd card and create the missing tickets, but I've never used it, so I don't know much about it or even if it still works.

I installed 6 or 8 cias and after rebooting, they disappeared from the 2ds menu. Is the 2ds supposed to create a nintendo 3ds folder in the sd card root or did tikdevil cause the problem?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's the ticket itself that causes content to appear on the home menu. if it's missing a ticket, the game won't appear. the nintendo 3ds folder should be created by the system itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E