Gaming HELP R4 PROBLEM!

joshua.garcia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I play pokemon diamond the game loads then the screen just goes blank. I already gave my r4 the latest firmware. I got another pokemon diamond but wont play that either but it plays pearl for some reason. What should I do? Please help me. Only pokemon diamond wont work. Whats the problem?

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your save might be corrupt. Were you playing with pokesav? or something else? Copy the save file to your computer, then delete it from the MicroSD. Try loading pokemon. Copy the save back if it works. This happened to me once a while back: I would try copying everything from the card to your computer, formatting the card, and then copying everything back. If it still doesnt work, try loading the save file in VBA or another emulator, to see if it works: save the file in the emulator at another point in the game, and loading it back onto the R4. Also, mess with the settings in the R4 to see if it works. Seriously it happened once and hasnt happened again after hundreds of hours of use since. If all else fails, download as many dumps of the rom you can and try them all. Just hope your saved data didnt get killed
smile.gif
\

PS: IIRC the problem lies within the size of the save file and the size that the R4 software expects when loading the rom. Since your pokemon Pearl rom probably had it's save file created by the R4 software, it is working fine. Its only speculation but I am certain there is some type of problem created if the checksum or validation used by R4 when loading a rom, looking at your save file, expects.... Then again I might just be batshit crazy too...

joshua.garcia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i deleted the game save and turned it on. so i got it to make another game save but da screen just go white still. and da space of it is 512kb. how do u format da card?

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem a few months ago. I believe that I deleted the ROM (and I might have deleted my save file too... not sure.) and replaced the ROM back onto the microSD card and it worked again. Never figured out why it did that =\.

Edit: To be more specific, I used the same ROM as the one that white screened me, just off of my computer. If just taking the ROM off and putting it back on doesn't help, then I'd take both off (save and ROM) then put both back on. If that doesn't help, you might have to start over unless there is another solution.

Ryoku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the Card (Win XP):

Click on Start > My Compter
Right Click on your drive containing your MicroSD card (have it plugged in with a reader)
Right click on that icon and click Format
Then click Start in the window that pops up.

If it doesn't work after that, I honestly don't know what's wrong. Re-download the ROM I guess.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
It might also be your firmware. Did youd delete ds_menu.SYS before you put on the newest firmware? Also, dont overwrite the firmware, as it may cause problems. Delete all firmware files except moonshell and the _system_ folder, and reinstall.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it could be because of AR codes.
Make sure cheat is off, and if it works, try different cheats to see which one causes the crashing.

joshua.garcia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx ryoku. for the idea of deleting it. after that i downloaded a different pokemon diamond and it works i i already formated the card thanx to u.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1