Help! R4 PROBLEM!!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hyhfct, Aug 9, 2010.

1. hyhfct
    OP

hyhfct Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2009
    Canada
    Somewhere..
    So I was just messing around with the R4 files, and I decided I needed the last R4 kernel 1.54 (well that's what I think) but that ain't important. I was using kernel 1.18, and after when I tried deleting all the files, there was the 'theme' file. WHICH I COULDN'T DELETE!! I could delete all the other themes, but theme03 was impossible. The folder had 122 GB!!!! And I couldn't delete the contents, not even with Unlocker! So what can I do to get rid of this folder and it's files???!

*** Well I fixed it, and still my R4 is stuck on the loading screen. How do I fix that? My R4 card is fine, but is it the files that aren't right?

2. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Just format it with the Panasonic SD Formatter (I think).

3. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    If it has 122GB, your MicroSD card is corrupt. Insert the MicroSD card into a PC, right click and select properties, goto tools and click the error checking button. It will then run chkdsk.

4. hyhfct
    OP

hyhfct Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2009
    Canada
    Somewhere..
    Thanks, I deleted the file, but I still can't play the R4. It's stuck at the Loading... screen. Can you tell me what folders and files I'm suppose to have out?
    The files I have are : Games
    _system_ - folder
    moonshl - folder
    _DS_MENU - dat, configuration settinga, system file, .nds file.
    r4dldi - dat
    R4MENU - system file, arp file.
    R4patch - dat
    Any of these files I have to delete or something?

5. fearofshorts

fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2009
    Melbourne
    Nothing wrong with the R4, just give it a re-format with the Panasonic SD Formatter.