Hacking help - PAL Wiikey1 with latest wii update

hotbaws11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I've been out of the wii scene for over 2 years now but my son wants to play some of the new games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey. I've had a quick read on the net but stuck with what to do next. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so that I can get these games to work.

I've updated my wiikey to latest 1.99b version but still no joy playing from disk channel. I'm wondering if I need to use a soft mod to play these or just need to someone patch the games so that they will work off the disc channel.

Thanks in advance... and happy new year!!!

oh and I forget to mention that I let the wii update itself to the latest version! I forgot all about this so not sure if this will be a problem for soft mod even though I've got wiikey

icecold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hotbaws11 said:
Hi Guys,

I've been out of the wii scene for over 2 years now but my son wants to play some of the new games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey. I've had a quick read on the net but stuck with what to do next. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so that I can get these games to work.

I've updated my wiikey to latest 1.99b version but still no joy playing from disk channel. I'm wondering if I need to use a soft mod to play these or just need to someone patch the games so that they will work off the disc channel.

Thanks in advance... and happy new year!!!

oh and I forget to mention that I let the wii update itself to the latest version! I forgot all about this so not sure if this will be a problem for soft mod even though I've got wiikey

If you dont care about regionfree, just update your wii to the latest 4.3, wiikey to the latest 1.99beta and you can run all games from your region. No need for softmod.

If you want regionfree intact from the Wiikey chip you need to stay on SM4.1 with Modmii and priiloader.

hotbaws11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
icecold said:
If you dont care about regionfree, just update your wii to the latest 4.3, wiikey to the latest 1.99beta and you can run all games from your region. No need for softmod.

If you want regionfree intact from the Wiikey chip you need to stay on SM4.1 with Modmii and priiloader.

that's interesting as from what your saying, I should be able to play both donkey kong country and epic mickey with the setup I already have????

I updated the wii key to 1.99b first, then let the wii update its dashboard to 4.3e. I've tried to run both 'PAL' games and they keep displaying the disk read error message a couple of mins after starting the game from the wii disc menu.

Do I need to patch the PAL iso's before I burn them or should I be able to play them directly?

Note: I've also loaded on wiikey 1.99b a second time just to make sure it worked the first time.

I'm very confused now! I only play PAL games on the wii so not bothered about multi region.

StrykerX

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi together

I just connected my Wii again to play some Just Dance games. ^^ I have installed a WiiKey in my PAL Console. Systemsoftware is 4.3E and WiiKey Firmware 1.9s.

I was just checking for the latest Wiikey update, 1.99b - PAL. but that file is nowere avaiable. Does anyone still have the file or a working link to it?

Br,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1