help - PAL Wiikey1 with latest wii update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hotbaws11, Jan 2, 2011.

Jan 2, 2011
  1. hotbaws11
    OP

Newcomer hotbaws11 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I've been out of the wii scene for over 2 years now but my son wants to play some of the new games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Epic Mickey. I've had a quick read on the net but stuck with what to do next. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction so that I can get these games to work.

I've updated my wiikey to latest 1.99b version but still no joy playing from disk channel. I'm wondering if I need to use a soft mod to play these or just need to someone patch the games so that they will work off the disc channel.

Thanks in advance... and happy new year!!!

oh and I forget to mention that I let the wii update itself to the latest version! I forgot all about this so not sure if this will be a problem for soft mod even though I've got wiikey

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Just softmod. Use ModMii in the Wii Hacking stickies.

3. icecold

Newcomer icecold Advanced Member

Sweden
    If you dont care about regionfree, just update your wii to the latest 4.3, wiikey to the latest 1.99beta and you can run all games from your region. No need for softmod.

If you want regionfree intact from the Wiikey chip you need to stay on SM4.1 with Modmii and priiloader.

4. hotbaws11
    OP

Newcomer hotbaws11 Newbie

United Kingdom
    that's interesting as from what your saying, I should be able to play both donkey kong country and epic mickey with the setup I already have????

I updated the wii key to 1.99b first, then let the wii update its dashboard to 4.3e. I've tried to run both 'PAL' games and they keep displaying the disk read error message a couple of mins after starting the game from the wii disc menu.

Do I need to patch the PAL iso's before I burn them or should I be able to play them directly?

Note: I've also loaded on wiikey 1.99b a second time just to make sure it worked the first time.

I'm very confused now! I only play PAL games on the wii so not bothered about multi region.