Hacking HELP ON verification of R4 and INSTALLING YSMENU

henrytlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi all. I'm new to my r4 and also my nds. As stated, i am having problem on my ysmenu using r4. I tried a few methods to install r4(using a2h ysmenu generator and also manually install. Bt no matter hw hard i try, the results returned the same. after install, i tried loading multiple games including kingdom hearts, bomberman land touch! 2, mario kart etc.) the only game that seems to work is mario kart ds. others just stuck at the last bar. the only thing that is moving is the square box at the left of the loading bar rotating. anybody know solution to this?

here is my r4 version. I'm not sure what version is mine so i'm using the official v1.18 kernel.
DSC00001.jpg

p/s i heard that it can be solved by using the panasonic sd formatter. Bt i formatted it with FULL(ERASE OFF) and the results remain the same.

thanks all in advance for your help

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Need a pic of the back of the card...
Preferably after you've carefully unscrewed the back and even more carefully lifted it off and should lift straight up.
If yours doesn't have a screw hole, it's a fake.

http://en.r4-revolution.com/fake_r4_cartidges
Pic 1: REAL on the Right.
Pegs and hole have dark green around them, Area circled in red is filled in with dark green.

Pic 2: REAL on the Left.
MicroSD card logo is clean cut.

Pic 3: REAL on the Left.
Contacts are not dull, stamped number on the chip is below 0812 like "ATF01 0733#".

henrytlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
P1010059.jpg

can't seem to unscrew the case of my r4. no matter hw many times i turn the screw still remain at the same place ><

i bought it together with my nds. its a addon package.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Judging by your pic... I'm gonna have to say it's a fake.

1). Officials (to the best of my knowledge) have black screws. -- Yours has a silver one.
2). There is brown 'trim' around the contacts. -- Yours has just the contacts on PCB.
3). The contacts are bright/shiny looking (may be the pic). -- Yours are too flat/dull.
4). The contacts have fair sized gaps or spaces between them. -- Yours is too tight.
5). The tracks are exposed before connecting to the connects. -- Yours aren't exposed.
6). The PCB has no 'pinholes' in it near the contacts. -- You've got many 'pinholes'.
And the biggest point, yours has no circle mark above the screw.

The above points, tell me it's fake. Along with the fact that official R4's haven't been made in over a year and you only recently bought yours doesn't help.
On the box, right on the front (I can see it, but not make it out), you should see a website for the people who made it... if it just says "http://r4ds.com", then check the back of the box.

henrytlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
thanks twistidsinz. juz found out that my r4 is R4 PLUS on the r4 card itself. THere is a PLUS word there bt i didn't notice it before since it is not so obvious. Currently i'm using kernel v2.0. Bt i can't seem to find any guide relating about how to install YSMenu on r4 PLUS =(...

thanks for helping

henrytlh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
tried this way also (censored) and choose the 4th option(run like any other nds file)

manage to run 2 games only. that is avalon code and mario party DS. Others including shin megami tensei, kingdom hearts 358.2 days doesn't seem to run. the loading bar stuck at the end of it

here is the image of it. only the box at the

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You've probably got outdated infolib.dat/extinfo.dat/savlib.dat files...
You can grab the most recent update from here: http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/src/dsm0097.zip.html

Just put them into your TTMenu folder.

Also, open up your YSMenu.ini (in the TTMenu folder) and find the line that says:
Code:
[FILEINFO]
COLOR_TEXT=0x####
Change the #### to "8000" so it reads: "COLOR_TEXT=0x8000" and it should make text show up in the box when you select a game

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no guide to making it work on the R4 Plus as far as I know. It was designed to run on real R4's and not clones. Did you encrypt the firmware? If you did try decrypting it and copying it on again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night