Hacking HELP my wii wont playmy retail games

iwzhidden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii lu64. with system menu 4.2u.. well i did have hbc.. but some how (someone deleted the channel and reformated it.. I did have preloader installed but cant get it. no hbc. try everything is gone even tried to update.. wont let me ... i think preloader has it blocked.. i can get bannerbomb to work a little but it goes to a black screen.. so cant get hbc. hope someone got a way to fix this issue. how can i recover my wii?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you updated and then the Homebrew Channel vanished, the "someone" that got rid of it (and Preloader) was System Menu 4.2. (One of the many spectacular reasons that one should not blindly update.)

Did you make sure you're using the correct Bannerbomb (which has instructions that are different from the old variant) and the latest Hackmii installer?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you're even trying to access Preloader correctly? I believe it's hold reset while powering on....
But yeah, updating when you have a modified Wii is blasphemy - you're going to Wii hacking hell for that one.
tongue.gif

iwzhidden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get wii connect to turn off.. keeps trying to update. but it fails.. i feel preloader still has part of this blocked. is thier anouther way around..

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
on a related note to the topic, what would be the reason that disc loading (ie retail) will not load via disc channel... not sure why myself... before an update it worked fine, then after, nothing...
anyone got anything to offer on this note?

iwzhidden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason the wifi not working right. I feel if i can get a wad manager to install a new system menu. or find a way to boot into preloader and undo the disk updates and such that i have set.. About the Retail disk when I incert it shows in ther disk channel but when i hit start it goes to a black screen. I was setting my disk channel to play my orginial backups.. so it could beat fault.. so still looking for a workaround.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
just use something like anyregion changer to install 3.2 and try again from there... perhaps? (ps: use bootmii)
similar problem for a friend, but wont actually see the game as inserted... it just asks to insert a disc... or that the disc is incorrect...

--EDIT:
DO NOT DO THIS; LUA64+... you YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE BELOEW 4.0

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
overlord00 said:
just use something like anyregion changer to install 3.2 and try again from there... perhaps? (ps: use bootmii)
similar problem for a friend, but wont actually see the game as inserted... it just asks to insert a disc... or that the disc is incorrect...
dont downgrade blindly as you will BRICK very easly your 3.2 menu ios30 is now a stub and wont work did you have bootmii installed as boot2 or ios and made a nand dump if you did, reinstall bootmii and use your nand dump to get you back to where you where

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iwzhidden said:
for some reason the wifi not working right. I feel if i can get a wad manager to install a new system menu. or find a way to boot into preloader and undo the disk updates and such that i have set.. About the Retail disk when I incert it shows in ther disk channel but when i hit start it goes to a black screen. I was setting my disk channel to play my orginial backups.. so it could beat fault.. so still looking for a workaround.
hold the reset after powering on the wii then preloader menu will be booted. about your problem, i am a bit confused on what you did before the problem occurred. why don't you start from the top and rehack your wii. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2.

iwzhidden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. hbc to access.. wii connect24 wont work .. i just get a black screen. try to update nope it wont download anything.. maybe removeing battery will help off the consel. If i try to play a game throughl the disk channel screen goes black when it boots up. HELP only if I could get HBC back.. it would be easier..

iwzhidden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I got preloader working. but my hacks ini. file is missing. I can install HBC through preloader. but when the wii reboots its not on my system menu screen. I did get bootmii. installed. but I still cant play retail games. wii connent24 gives a black screen, mii channel black screen. I cant seem to get wad manage to work on HBC it goes to a black screen. even try the Trucha bug restorer same black screen. I dont want to reformat it might lose what hacks I can run. preloaderr said running IOS 70 should it be 249? tryied Anyregion changer.. same black screen. I do remeber that before this all happen the disk channel was showing backups.. LU64 shouldnt do this right? SHOULD I try to Install ALL IOS I can find? and how to do this... HELP PLEASE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1