Hacking [Help] Moved Tai Folder - Vita Wiped?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I think I remember reading long time ago that you will keep getting that update software msg if you have the official cma installed. I might be wrong, but uninstall that. There is no reason to use that anymore nowadays

Reactions: Ozito

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did have the CMA installed. I tried using both that and QCMA, one installed after another and currently only QCMA is installed. QCMA and CMA both detect that my Vita connects despite my Vita not showing the option to copy over data due to the update software window or the could not connect window. I'm just not sure if it's possible to have QCMA copy over h-encore from the PC side rather than the Vita side.

If it would help, once I'm home from work I can record a video of my Vita powering on and my attempts at connecting it to my PC so you guys can see what I see if it'll make things easier. I realize this is a difficult scenario to try and visualize, so I apologize for that.

Sure, anything to make things more clear is always good.

Before you do that though, try uninstalling anything QCMA and CMA related just to start fresh on the pc side and make sure to only install the QCMA usb driver listed on the finalhe github
After that, download latest finalhe, unpack, run exe, connect psv, launch cma app on the psv and post results.

Reactions: Madridi

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I remember reading long time ago that you will keep getting that update software msg if you have the official cma installed. I might be wrong, but uninstall that. There is no reason to use that anymore nowadays

That's good to know, I'll switch to just QCMA from now on then. I wondered last night that the information about a system update may have been stored onto the Vita itself, I'm not sure if that would be the case or if it is just because of CMA. I'll try it later tonight.

Sure, anything to make things more clear is always good.

Before you do that though, try uninstalling anything QCMA and CMA related just to start fresh on the pc side and make sure to only install the QCMA usb driver listed on the finalhe github
After that, download latest finalhe, unpack, run exe, connect psv, launch cma app on the psv and post results.

I'll do all of that later tonight. I did follow the instructions for the USB driver last night, but when I tried to apply the driver on the app it said that the connection timed out while my Vita was connected.

I'll start working with QCMA fresh tonight after work (give me about...ten hours) and I'll see how that goes, then do that video if nothing changes. I'll edit this post with my results since I saw that double-posting is frowned upon.

Last edited by WaffleBonker,

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you could download vita update blocker from wololo to your PC it will stop the firmware update request allowing you to run final hencore;

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could download vita update blocker from wololo to your PC it will stop the firmware update request allowing you to run final hencore;

I actually did try using that last night before I did the whole QCMA thing. To no avail either, unfortunately. That's another reason why I speculated as to whether or not the information about the system update is in my Vita itself.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually did try using that last night before I did the whole QCMA thing. To no avail either, unfortunately. That's another reason why I speculated as to whether or not the information about the system update is in my Vita itself.
It's because of the spoof you need to get vitashell onto your vita either through backup or by reinstalling the mod. Were you on 3.60 or 3.65 before all this occured?
Turn off vita and hold L on boot, then reinstall mod henkaku for 3.60 and h-encore for 3.65. Once you have vitashell you must go onto ur0 and change the lines in config.txt, it is not enough to simply move the tai folder to ur0, you must also adjust the lines in config.txt to point to ur0 instead of ux0.
Also if you are using sd2vita you must adjust storagemgr config file as well, either through autoplugin or manually through vitashell.

Last edited by kaymynd,

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because of the spoof you need to get vitashell onto your vita either through backup or by reinstalling the mod. Were you on 3.60 or 3.65 before all this occured?
Turn off vita and hold L on boot, then reinstall mod henkaku for 3.60 and h-encore for 3.65. Once you have vitashell you must go onto ur0 and change the lines in config.txt, it is not enough to simply move the tai folder to ur0, you must also adjust the lines in config.txt to point to ur0 instead of ux0.
Also if you are using sd2vita you must adjust storagemgr config file as well, either through autoplugin or manually through vitashell.

That's the issue, holding L doesn't bring up any boot menu. I thought I was on 3.60, but since I had h-encorce I think I'm on 3.65.

I didn't know if I was using SD2Vita. I didn't think I was since I was using a proper Vita memory card before all this happened.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the issue, holding L doesn't bring up any boot menu. I thought I was on 3.60, but since I had h-encorce I think I'm on 3.65.

I didn't know if I was using SD2Vita. I didn't think I was since I was using a proper Vita memory card before all this happened.
It's not supposed to bring up a boot menu, just boots up the vita with all the plugins disabled, and ok if you have h-encore you need to reinstall it, unless you have a backup of vitashell you can transfer through qcma. If usb isn't working for you, you can try using wifi to connect instead.
If you want to try getting usb to work try the zadig method mentioned here

Sd2vita is a sd card adapter for the vita it usually goes in gameslot or 3g slot for 3g vita, unles you or someone else set up the sd card you most likely don't have one being used.

Once you have vitashell again then,

Since you are using regular sony mem card i think you may be locked out of it due to the spoof, does it give you the msg that this memory cannot be used unless you update? If so you are indeed locked out of it.

In order to restore access you will need to install cardunlock app and appmanager app

Last edited by kaymynd,

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wait. Here's what I did.

As per Ozito's instructions, I deleted and reinstalled QCMA and finalhe. Afterwards I connected my Vita to my PC. First in flight mode, and it gave me a "could not connect to server error". QCMA detected the Vita, but the Vita itself would not go to the copying window. I tried again twice with internet, once using the IP from VitaUpdateBlocker and once using the Blocking Updates settings from this guide, both of which weren't able to prevent the "Update System Software" window every time I tried to connect to my PC.

I can still take a video if you want, specifically of whatever method you'd like me to show.

It's not supposed to bring up a boot menu, just boots up the vita with all the plugins disabled, and ok if you have h-encore you need to reinstall it, unless you have a backup of vitashell you can transfer through qcma. If usb isn't working for you, you can try using wifi to connect instead.
If you want to try getting usb to work try the zadig method mentioned here

Sd2vita is a sd card adapter for the vita it usually goes in gameslot or 3g slot for 3g vita, unles you or someone else set up the sd card you most likely don't have one being used.

Once you have vitashell again then,

Since you are using regular sony mem card i think you may be locked out of it due to the spoof, does it give you the msg that this memory cannot be used unless you update? If so you are indeed locked out of it.

In order to restore access you will need to install cardunlock app and appmanager app

I have a normal Vita SD card, and my issue at the moment is that I cannot get vitashell at all. I can only use USB since my PC doesn't currently have a wireless card.

EDIT: I GOT SOMETHING.

I removed my Vita SD Card and attempted to connect again, this time it went through. I'm going to try installing h-encore now and I'll update accordingly.

EDIT 2: Alright, so I can get h-encore onto my Vita if the memory card is not inserted. The issue now is if I want to use my Vita with the memory card inserted now, upon reboot my Vita will ask for a system update again, even on Flight Mode. And then when I cancel the update window, my Vita refreshes its database which removes h-encore, Vitashell, and the Henkaku settings from accessibility. The issue now is trying to be able to have it stay on my Vita when I turn it on with my card in the system.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the wait. Here's what I did.

As per Ozito's instructions, I deleted and reinstalled QCMA and finalhe. Afterwards I connected my Vita to my PC. First in flight mode, and it gave me a "could not connect to server error". QCMA detected the Vita, but the Vita itself would not go to the copying window. I tried again twice with internet, once using the IP from VitaUpdateBlocker and once using the Blocking Updates settings from this guide, both of which weren't able to prevent the "Update System Software" window every time I tried to connect to my PC.

I can still take a video if you want, specifically of whatever method you'd like me to show.

I have a normal Vita SD card, and my issue at the moment is that I cannot get vitashell at all. I can only use USB since my PC doesn't currently have a wireless card.

EDIT: I GOT SOMETHING.

I removed my Vita SD Card and attempted to connect again, this time it went through. I'm going to try installing h-encore now and I'll update accordingly.

EDIT 2: Alright, so I can get h-encore onto my Vita if the memory card is not inserted. The issue now is if I want to use my Vita with the memory card inserted now, upon reboot my Vita will ask for a system update again, even on Flight Mode. And then when I cancel the update window, my Vita refreshes its database which removes h-encore, Vitashell, and the Henkaku settings from accessibility. The issue now is trying to be able to have it stay on my Vita when I turn it on with my card in the system.
Ok good so install h-encore and then install enso for 3.65 which makes h-encore permanent so no need to run it again, once done, install both cardunlock and appmanager apps i linked above,
(not sure if you can do this from internal mem since you have slim vita, never tried it myself)
then just use appmanager to move cardunlock to ur0 and reboot with no mem card inserted and start up cardunlock then insert mem card while cardunlock is running and when it asks you anything always say no!

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok good so install h-encore and then install enso for 3.65 which makes h-encore permanent so no need to run it again, once done, install both cardunlock and appmanager apps i linked above,
(not sure if you can do this from internal mem since you have slim vita, never tried it myself)
then just use appmanager to move cardunlock to ur0 and reboot with no mem card inserted and start up cardunlock then insert mem card while cardunlock is running and when it asks you anything always say no!

That seemed to have worked like a charm. Now I come to this window, which I have hated ever since before I hacked my Vita (attached picture). It was this screen that confused me a year ago and it completely wiped my memory card and erased all of my saved data, so now I want to know before I press on - which option does NOT erase all data on my memory card?

Attachments

• 20190409_232426.jpg
    20190409_232426.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 171

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seemed to have worked like a charm. Now I come to this window, which I have hated ever since before I hacked my Vita (attached picture). It was this screen that confused me a year ago and it completely wiped my memory card and erased all of my saved data, so now I want to know before I press on - which option does NOT erase all data on my memory card?
Press no every chance you get, if you press yes it will most likely format mem card, at least that's what happened to me when i learned the hard way.

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it. My Vita is thankfully back in working order. You and the others are great.

However now - since this whole issue was caused by my moving of the tai file to ux:0, would I be safe to copy it back to ur:0 now? I've attached pictures of my two tai files, one in both locations.
So to try and make this as clear as I can: the one pictured in ux:0 was what was initially in ur:0, and moving that caused this whole mess. I want to know if I'm safe to move it back now or if I'm okay to just leave it as it is.

(And perhaps afterwards we can address why nonpdrm wouldn't work. Although I may have to make a new topic for that.)

Attachments

• 20190409_233748.jpg
    20190409_233748.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
  • 20190409_233734.jpg
    20190409_233734.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 129

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That did it. My Vita is thankfully back in working order. You and the others are great.

However now - since this whole issue was caused by my moving of the tai file to ux:0, would I be safe to copy it back to ur:0 now? I've attached pictures of my two tai files, one in both locations.
So to try and make this as clear as I can: the one pictured in ux:0 was what was initially in ur:0, and moving that caused this whole mess. I want to know if I'm safe to move it back now or if I'm okay to just leave it as it is.

(And perhaps afterwards we can address why nonpdrm wouldn't work. Although I may have to make a new topic for that.)
Glad we could help!
Keep the one in ur0(this is internal memory which will allow plugins to load on boot even with no mem card inserted), but before you delete the one in ux0 (this is sony mem card storage which will only load plugins when said mem card is inserted) copy over any plugins you would like to keep and add them to the config.txt file in ur0, use the config.txt in ux0 as a reference. Or you can just delete ux0 and start fresh with no plugins and just install them from autoplugin app.

Last edited by kaymynd,

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad we could help!
Keep the one in ur0(this is internal memory which will allow plugins to load on boot even with no mem card inserted), but before you delete the one in ux0 (this is sony mem card storage which will only load plugins when said mem card is inserted) copy over any plugins you would like to keep and add them to the config.txt file in ur0, use the config.txt in ux0 as a reference. Or you can just delete ux0 and start fresh with no plugins and just install them from autoplugin app.

Okay, so if I'm understanding correctly I should focus editing the tai file in ur0 from now on. I think starting fresh with plugins would be a good idea since a lot of this may have clogged up my Vita with unnecessary stuff now.

As for NoNpDrm, should I make another topic addressing that since it's technically not related to my first post or would we be able to try and solve it here?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if I'm understanding correctly I should focus editing the tai file in ur0 from now on. I think starting fresh with plugins would be a good idea since a lot of this may have clogged up my Vita with unnecessary stuff now.

As for NoNpDrm, should I make another topic addressing that since it's technically not related to my first post or would we be able to try and solve it here?
Correct, you want to have tai folder in ur0 only, tai folder in ux0 should be no longer recommended due to the issues it causes because the plugins and enso will only work when said mem card is inserted.
I can help you out here, starting fresh is your best bet to getting it working, just delete the tai folder in ux0, then install autoplugin, and through autoplugin install nonpdrm and refood plugins, it should work right off the bat.

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done as you said and installed autoplugin and refood, however I'm still getting Refreshed 0 Items. I had been rebooting between installs and between moving the app I wanted to install (Phantasy Star Nova and the English patch), but it still refuses to show up. Should I just take a picture of my tai config now?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done as you said and installed autoplugin and refood, however I'm still getting Refreshed 0 Items. I had been rebooting between installs and between moving the app I wanted to install (Phantasy Star Nova and the English patch), but it still refuses to show up. Should I just take a picture of my tai config now?

How are you installing the app? If you are using an english patch you will need repatch plugin as well, And yes post config.txt

WaffleBonker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you installing the app? If you are using an english patch you will need repatch plugin as well, And yes post config.txt

I'm trying to install the app through NoNPDrm. I have the game and the patch in separate folders and have been moving them to the app and patch folders respectively before refreshing the livearea, but each time has been a failure.

I had repatch installed previously and I attempted to work with it to the best of my ability following the tutorials I've seen online.

Attached is my config file.

Attachments

• 1554906714600115685922492890391.jpg
    1554906714600115685922492890391.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 134

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install the app through NoNPDrm. I have the game and the patch in separate folders and have been moving them to the app and patch folders respectively before refreshing the livearea, but each time has been a failure.

I had repatch installed previously and I attempted to work with it to the best of my ability following the tutorials I've seen online.

Attached is my config file.

are those games and patches nonpdrm version? it should work after refresh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2