Hacking help me please

SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i'm trying to make my wii able to play back up games.

my wii is verison 3.3U

i installed the hbc a while ago to be able to play brawl+ and it worked. but i tried to install dvdx and it did not work and i researched why, and i think my wii may be something called 3.3 v2 or something like that
but i tried the 3.4 version and it said it worked.
the hbc updated and i installed dvdx through that too and it worked and also installed the bootmii boot 2.

everything seems to be working right at the moment but i haven't backed the nand yet because my sd card isn't big enough so i'm gonna buy a new one soon.

so now i'm wondering what i should do next because i don't want to screw up what i have done so far or brick my wii and since i have bootmii boot 2, should i install preloader(what is it, whats different)?

SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i have downloaded the backup loader 0.3 gamma and the cIOS that comes with the package

i haven't installed it yet because i don't want to brick my wii without backing anything up.

i'm also wondering what a cIOS is. i researched it but i don't really understand it.

thank you for helping

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would say update using Firmware-Updater-4.0 then install preloader and use your corresponding hacks,ini to enable whatever hacks you want

then just follow the ultimate system menu softmod on gbatemp or use softmii to play backups

you dont have to update to 4.0, although i recommend it so you can boot wiiware/virtual console games off the sd card.

SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i thought that updating the wii was bad and i should keep it at what it is now. and if i do update it, won't it block hbc and will i still be able to play dvds on it, and can i downgrade if i decide i dun want it?

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DONT UPDATE.THERES NO ADVANTAGE TO UPDATING. I UPDATED MY WII AND IT BROKE IT AND NOW I GOTTA SEND IT TO NINTENDO!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
DONT UPDATE.THERES NO ADVANTAGE TO UPDATING. I UPDATED MY WII AND IT BROKE IT AND NOW I GOTTA SEND IT TO NINTENDO!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

this guy oviously did something wrong.
4.0, in my opinion, is the best firmware to at.
why because
1]you get the sd card menu.
2]people say being on 3.2 is the best to be at because it allows trucha but 4.0 also allows trucha.
3] theres more themes to use.
4] i guess you can it runs a bit more efficient

its not bad to update it just use the firmware thru wakinono.

3.3 blocks trucha and doesnt have an sd card menu so its 3.2 without trucha or an sd card menu.
so, logically 4.0 has the best features.

you can still install hbc and others homebrew i havent come across one problem

SilverJWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see but i heard that updating using these methods might brick my wii so before i do, is there anything i should do? i installed bootmii (boot2) and wondering if i should install preloader before i upgrade.

Posts merged

oh yea what a trucha and what did you mean by themes

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There is absolutely no need to upgrade to 4.0 unless you want to run wiiware or vc games direct from a sd card. Considering you are needing to buy a new one to allow you to back up your nand then I dont think that is likely anytime soon. Stick where you are, download the latest back up loader for discs (neogamma) put it in the apps folder of your sd card, run from HBC and continue to enjoy your wii without any hassle or worries. Oh and make sure you backup your NAND as soon as possible.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There is a readme that comes with the file. Simply download and copy from your pc and paste the relevant file in the apps folder of your sd card (HBC only looks inside the apps folder). Run HBC and Neogamma will show up as an application that can be run - click on it and voila.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...