Hacking Help me install DSTT firmware onto R4...

Smokexz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I am new to YSMENU still but I was just fishing around trying to get Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story to work, when I found out that an unofficial DSTT firmware makes it work! AWESOME so I download place the TTMENU folder(backuped my old folder) and put the TTMENU.DAT onto the root of the stick... I turn it on.... nothing... I this time backup my _DS_MENU.DAT and delete it off the sd card, I rename the TTMENU.DAT to _DS_MENU.DAT, it stays stuck on loading... so I decide I should get some help. I have all my original files backed up.

PLEASE HELP. I have a clean rom of Mario and Luigi bowsers inside story, not the one with that .exe crack fix.

Smokexz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
Have you tried reading one of the 4-5 topics that have steps on how to make it work?
How to get DSTT firmware on YSMENU? I already have it if that is what you are telling me, and I have googled DSTT firmware on r4 several times, link me?

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I did to get it working on my R4. The steps should be the same for your card.

1. Download this file and extract it. I just made a folder on my desktop named R4 and put it there.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtbzmy2wlzz

2. Go to http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ and look for the file called YSMenu. Click to download. Once it's downloaded, rename it to YSMenu0903270000.zip and place it into the R4 folder but don't open it.

3. Open your R4 folder and run R4config.bat

4. Select the options you want when it asks. Select R4 for your card type. When it asks how you want to install it pick option 4 (Like any NDS file)

5. Once the dos window closes, run R4.bat Ignore the dldi-head error, this is normal.

6. Once it is done you should have a file called R4_custom_english.zip in your R4 folder.

7. Open this file up. It should contain a TTMenu folder and a YSMenu.nds file. Copy both of these to your flashcard.

8. Turn on your DS. Select YSMenu.nds and run it just like you would a rom.

9. Once it loads up, select M&L3 and play.

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Direct links make Yasu a sad panda. Besides, that's not the most up to date version of YSMenu.

My mistake. I was just trying to make navigation a little easier seeing as how it's not an easy file to find. I edited my post so that should keep Yasu happy.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
2. Go to http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ and look for the file called YSMenu. Click to download. Once it's downloaded, rename it to YSMenu0903270000.zip and place it into the R4 folder but don't open it.
Why download an older version of YSMenu and rename it? Why not simply download YSMenu0903270000 which is the latest version.

Why do you think I altered this version of r4ysauto to look specifically for YSMenu0903270000?

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to Yasu's website and click the download link for YSMenu, the file I get is named YSMenu0903211700.zip

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JesseB said:
When I go to Yasu's website and click the download link for YSMenu, the file I get is named YSMenu0903211700.zip
You want the link below that, the one marked '2009/03/27 00:00?EZ3in1+ NOR'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro