Hacking Help me get this look

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I just modded my Wii, everything is running great but I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to achieve the look in the picture? I am currently using Configurable USB Loader, is this a different loader or is it a theme for CFG Loader? Also is spiffy360 the best place to get themes? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 2.29.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 2.29.30 AM.png
    634 KB · Views: 189

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
none is better, if you consider game compatibility they are identical (they use the same boot code).
if you consider features (downloading covers automatically, having an internal nintendont updater, having a specific look or interface, etc.), then you choose based on the feature you want.

here you can compare the 4 most known loaders.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders-comparison-chart.333364/

some features might be missing, this chart is old.
CFG Loader is maybe a little old, I don't know if it works with latest version of Nintendont.
Latest addition to USBLoaderGX and Wiiflow is "WiiU WiiVC Mode", to use the loader's interface on a WiiU gamepad, only to launch nintendont ! no USB is possible with this feature.
No idea if PostLoader is still maintained.

Last edited by Cyan,

Yardley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
none is better, if you consider game compatibility they are identical (they use the same boot code).
if you consider features (downloading covers automatically, having an internal nintendont updater, having a specific look or interface, etc.), then you choose based on the feature you want.

here you can compare the 4 most known loaders.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders-comparison-chart.333364/

some features might be missing, this chart is old.
CFG Loader is maybe a little old, I don't know if it works with latest version of Nintendont.
Latest addition to USBLoaderGX and Wiiflow is "WiiU WiiVC Mode", to use the loader's interface on a WiiU gamepad, only to launch nintendont ! no USB is possible with this feature.
No idea if PostLoader is still maintained.

Ahh, I have't looked at Nintendont yet but from the little I have seen it seems it has to do with running GameCube games and I would like to do that so it sounds like maybe I should stick with USB Loader GX then.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is usbloadergx better?
Way better IMO, ironically it's more configurable, and it has a nicer looking and better UI, more features, and is more up to date.
I personally like the banner view mode because it mimics the Wii System Menu, and the banners already exist so why not make use of them. But the cover view is good too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm just too procrastinating to fix bugs and add features :(
but I made a 1269mod4 last month (in my signature, replace the dol from 1268 package in my signature too), it fixed Analog Stick diagonals in WiiVC mode, and launching nintendont in WiiVC with HID connected (not even properly fixed). yeah, that's the changes I did in last 6 months.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up