Help me find a good gamming desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by tagzard, Jul 20, 2011.

Jul 20, 2011
  1. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    What are some good gamming desktops. I accept tigerdirect, ebay, and other websites. Also i heard you can get a really good one for 500 dollars? AMAZING. So can you guys help me find a good one.

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I would recommend to build one yourself.

3. tagzard
    OP

Banned tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

United States
    Ya but i know nothing about how to make a good one.

4. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Building isn't hard, and we could give suggestions on parts if you gave us a budget. You can usually get a pc twice as powerful as a prebuilt for any given price by building yourself.

5. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Well, I don't have any knowledge of existence of pre-built PC's but I know you can't get a good one under 500$.
    I spent about 1700$ on my PC to make it play crysis 2 on high.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    If you're willing to learn how to pick the parts and build one (it's like big Lego), then open the spoiler below.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    If you're a child or, for whatever reason (disability, etc) are unable to learn how to build a computer, then order a prebuilt one. Dell is a good place to start. Click the tabs for each area of computing and it will give you an idea of what it will cost.

And for the love of lil pink bunnies, stop spelling "Gaming" wrong!
    EDIT: Oh, and it would help everyone if you could specify exactly what games you want to play and exactly how much money you're willing to spend on it. Judging by your other threads (from what I can remember) it's just TF2, Minecraft, and roughly $650 give or take a hundred.
    EDIT2: @AlanJohn, a while ago I helped a forum member get a PC with the best parts on the market for $1500. ~$550 is all you need for a computer to play Crysis 2 on high, and I bet you can go even lower and still have it on high (Crysis 2 needs less than Crysis did).
    EDIT3: @HaniKazmi below, there's a class of computers labelled "Dream Machines" that are prebuilt and fits your description. They come in various tiers, starting from $1000 and generally making $500 jumps that include more updated parts and specialized cooling and steadily increasing clock speeds.

7. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I have a $1000 custom built which can max everything, and i got it a while ago. I'm sure you could get something similar for cheaper now if you build it yourself. Prebuilt, not so much.