Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I tried three times but got exception DSI error each time

Then use nus downloader (is a program for windows that allows you to download ios and system menu). Download it, and then update his database from the menu. Then select the system menu 4.3 for your region (pal, that means "E" for europe), before downloading check the box that says "pack wad".once you ve downloaded this wad, put it into sd/wad (if you don't have a wad folder in the root of your sd card, create it)

Then google fro "yet another wad manager mod", download it, extract into sd /apps, then launch trough hbc.
Select IOS 58, then "feont sd card" (or "sd internal" or "sd card", i don't remeber what is showed exactly") and then browse to the wad file that you put into your sd card, then install it.

Let me know.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Priiloader and enabled some lockouts on updating and chose region free player.

In the Priiloader settings did you change the Use System Menu IOS to OFF then change the next setting (IOS to use for SM) to 58? If you did that is where you messed up.

While your system check was made by an old version, doesn't identify ios249 as the d2x v8 that you installed or format the report to a easier to read layout. It is obvious you installed all the Modmii IOSs, your games IOSs are all updated and ALL the IOS that had been used by a SM were replaced by one made from IOS60v6174 so any SM you installed or was previously installed would have ran.

The only way a SM wouldn't have worked would be if your original SM had been modded to run on a non-standard IOS and that IOS also had non-standard patches.
OR...
When you changed settings in Priiloader you told it to load on a official IOS58 that isn't patched (and doesn't need to be patched). Just change that back to Use SM IOS - ON or make your SM use IOS60. (the original IOS for 4.1) You could also select 70 (4.2) or 80 (4.3) because with the Modmii IOS install they are all the same (labeled as 16174 so they have higher revs then official IOSs for their slots and won't be overwritten with a stub by an official update).

Also go back to the Hackmii installer and install Bootmii as IOS. Your SysCheck lists IOS254 as rev3 when Bootmii as IOS is installed to IOS254 it should read as rev 65535

This..
Instead of clicking on the IOS58 I clicked "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign"
Is why you got this message...
Running the SysCheckHacksDenEdition 2.4 I get this message at last:
Falied to get the stored TMD for IOS36

That can be fixed by just installing the IOS36-64-v3608.wad you got from Modmii with WiiMod or MMM (wad manager) you got with Modmii.

If you didn't change the Use SM IOS setting in Priiloader and really do need to install a new SM, I personally would go through the Modmii guide again, but this time say you are starting on SM 4.0 and want to be on SM 4.1. That way it will also download/build your SM. After installing a SM you will have to reinstall Priiloader.

Part of the reason I do like Modmii is because after it downloads/builds files on your computer it will verify the file to its known signature to make sure it wasn't corrupted in the download/build. If it fails an integrity check, Modmii will download and build again so you don't install a bad .wad that could brick your Wii.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*wince* You should have started with a SysCheck first.

Here is all ANYONE needs to get their Wii up-to-date and modded to play Wii backups:
1. Upgrade system menu to 4.3.
2. Install HBC with installer from ModMii or please.hackmii.com if it got removed.
3. Install d2x cIOS v10-beta52 as IOS249[56] and IOS250[57].
4. There are no other steps.

Here is all ANYONE needs to do to avoid bricking a Wii:
1. Do not replace or patch any Nintendo IOSes, whether it be to play Trucha-signed channels, change menu theme, etc.
2. Do not install any non-shop channels unless you've tested them on Dolphin and/or a NEEK copy of your NAND to make sure they don't have bad banners.
3. There are no other steps.

If you already did some of the stuff in the second list you should ask before proceeding if you're not sure.

Drive chips only affect what the DVD drive is doing. The rest of the console doesn't even know about them.

Tools:
DOP-Mii WiiBrew does not do signing bug restores and will not install WADs.
Pimp My Wii installs stuff that is absolutely unnecessary.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

-Roquentin-

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm in a similar situation (posted more details here http://gbatemp.net/threads/partiall...pls-help-me-understand-whats-going-on.451304/ ) with a 'partially hacked' 4.2U that is giving prompts to update, and have no idea where to go from here. Main differences (from what I can tell) are:

* I dont have a mod chip
* I dont have pri/preloader; bootmii or hackmii installed

Can anyone help me out? (pls be gentle, I am a total noob - have programmed before, but nothing remotely like this.)

-R-

PS - apologies if asking a question here is bad form. If this is not appropriate / good protocol, just let me know and I'll delete the post.

First off, unless you did the softmod yourself and know exactly what was done to it, NEVER attempt an update through System Menu or a disc.
If you don't have IOS58 installed you have to be on SM 4.2 or lower, most likely 4.1. And if you haven't been constantly nagged by the disc channel every time you play a retail disc, then you most likely also have Preloader/Priiloader installed which would block official updates anyway. Updating your System Menu will most likely render your modchip useless. One or two modchips had firmware updates to work past 4.1 but by then most modders had moved to softmods and/or USB loading so hard mods quite being supported.

If you have a Windows machine (or can run Windows programs) use Modmii to create a guide for your Wii. Put it on your computer answer a few questions it will create a guide and build all the files you need.

There is also a decent softmod any wii guide over on WiiHacks but it can be hard to follow.

What you want to do is:

Use current HBC and a wad manager to install IOS58
Use HBC to load Hackmii installer to update HBC and to run on IOS58
Use a wad manager or cIOS installer to install cIOSs 249[56] and 250[57] I'd use d2x v10beta52 but d2x v8 should work
*optionally use a wad manager to install updated versions of IOSs used by games (ones lower than 58 not including 36).

If you don't plan on playing from disc anymore, you really just need HBC running on IOS58 and the updated cIOS249.
Some games, like CoD, need a cIOS based off IOS57 or they just black screen when loading so install cIOS250 and GX will require a setting change to load the game with IOS250. Other loaders like CFG or WiiFlow auto select the best cIOS from the ones installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: