Hardware HELP! Is there hope for my fully bricked wii?

Nugg2396

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did the wii system update from a Boy and His Blob on my 3.2U Wii, and now it's bricked. Is there a way to fix this?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can you access recovery menu (GC pad in 4th port, and press Y after switch on)? If the update 'happened' it should tell you what firmware you are on in the bottom right. Also, do you have a modchip installed?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
a boy and his brick strikes again
tongue.gif

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Nugg2396 said:
Yes, I have. Is that why this happened?

Not exactly. The game, if I'm not wrong, has the 3.4U firmware update. If you downgraded previously from a 4.X firmware, you had a stubbed (non functional. You can't run any kind of code under it) version of the IOS 50, the one used by the System Menu 3.4 to be executed/loaded. I'm pretty sure the update detected that the version of the installed IOS 50 was higher than the one the disc has, so it skips the installation, resulting in a lamentable brick... This also means you won't be able to load the Recovery Menu. The only ways to unbrick your console right now is by using the Infectus chip (by flashing the NAND contents) or sending it to Ninty.

Nugg2396

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sigh, I guess I'll have to take it to the store and see what they can do *fingers crossed*, good thing my country supports piracy
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night