[Help] Importing OOT3DHax with JKSM

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by 9Tales, Sep 19, 2018.

1. 9Tales
    OP

9Tales Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Poland
    Hello.
    My friend recently got a New 2DS XL with 11.4 E system and wants to homebrew it. I have a hacked Old 3DS and a cartridge of Ocarina of Time 3D, so I want to put a save on it (using JKSM) that will allow my friend to access homebrew on his N2DS. The problem is, I don't know which save files to put on the cartridge. I tried putting powersaves rawsaveimages from yellows8 named as save00.bin, but JKSM won't import it and they are too big anyway. Should I use a save from phase that hasn't been updated in 3 years? Will it work on a N3DS 11.4? And what about payloads? Should I use the rawsaveimages as payloads?

2. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    OOT3DHax is outdated, Steelminer is the current method and it works on 11.8 too. Keep in mind that non-CFW homebrew is very limited (basically all you can do is run emulators)

3. 9Tales
    OP

9Tales Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Poland
    Can you not access homebrew and set up CFW using OOT3DHax on 11.4?

4. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    You can access the Homebrew launcher, but you can't install CFW. the cheapest way is to update to 11.8 and use the Seedminer method, which costs $2 (or nothing if you already have a compatible DSiWare game)

5. 9Tales
    OP

9Tales Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Poland
    Okay, so with the Seedminer method I can update the New 2DS to 11.8 and then install CFW on it only with buying the compatible game?

6. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Yes

7. 9Tales
    OP

9Tales Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2017
    Poland
    Thanks for your help!

8. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Although there's also NTRboot, which requires a compatible DS flashcart. If you already have a compatible cart, it makes more sense to use that instead. All you need to know for both methods is on 3ds.hacks.guide