Hacking Help I think im bricked

randy5061

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks bud, was reading this and sorry for your loss. Your best bet may be to hawk it on ebay (some people will pay a % of what its worth for the parts), and pickup a used one. You can get one that does not include a gamepad or power cord etc., since you have all that stuff, will save quite a bit on that. Grab one now before Ninty releases a new firm, 5.5.1 systems will skyrocket once that happens.
We'll it's my friends wii u so I will tell home the news and try to find one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That guide would not have helped the OP in the least. You need at least an OTP backup to fix a brick that is caused by using a non-legit DS title when installing CBHC.

There is no backup section in that guide.
Is THIRE a way to find a wii u recovery that I can use and how to recover

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll it's my friends wii u so I will tell home the news and try to find one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is THIRE a way to find a wii u recovery that I can use and how to recover

I already asked you if you followed my noob guide and performed a full NAND backup and you said no. So there is no way for you to recover. At a minimum you would need an OTP backup and now that your friends Wii U is bricked there is no way to get a OTP backup from it and you can't use someone elses backup.

Edit: ask your friend if he/she installed redNAND. If they did and they copied the backups over to a PC as instructed in every redNAND guide I've read, then there is still a chance. I think you can rebuild the backups that renNAND make into something that can be flashed with a teensy++ hard mod.

Last edited by Kafluke,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That is one of the worst guides you can use and none of the respected members on this site recommend using it.
Strange then, since it was Flimflam I used, and alot of others recommend his guide. This is HIS guide, he just partned with Plailect. Better they follow this than some crappy tutorial on that ISO site or a videoguide.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn that sucks. You should always come here to GBATemp, for tutorials and guides on hacking/modding the WiiU.

Everyone that I talk to that wants to mod their WiiU, I always tell them to read the Noob guide over, and over and over again, before you do anything to your WiiU. And most importantly, make sure you 100% understand everything your about to do on your WiiU, and you must also understand the risks involved.

And everyone that I told that to, never had a problem at all. You just have to read, read and read it again. All it takes is one mistake, and your console can then become a huge paperweight.

(Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk)

Reactions: Kafluke

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad news: it's a goner

Somewhat good news: You have everything wiipad cables etc.. except the Wii U itself. So you can look on Ebay and buy a used console only for less than $100, sometimes less than $80. It's most likely your cheapest option.

Edit: someone already suggested this didn't read it.

Last edited by ,

randy5061

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys but now i know that i cant do every thing with kinda weird guides but hey at least i have a gamepad

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn dude. You're screwed and you wasted 250$. Congratulations. The Wii U belongs now in here:
muellsack1-top.jpg

And by the way this will happen to you when your parents find out:
p02cclll-e1474779569136.jpg

Reactions: Aletron9000

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..that moment when you lost 250$ by trying to save 5$ :P

Are you able to run ''ftpiiu everywhere'' ? Can you launch the browser or homebrews? If you start the console while holding 'b' can you boot vwii?
..through ftp, maybe some files replacements can save it.. like, being able to add the legit ticket to the game or actually replacing it by a bought version of a vc ds game..

Last edited by puss2puss,
Reactions: LaPingas

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you read everything :D
The wii u is now a paper weight bud. It cant be fixed without a nand backup sadly..

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..that moment when you lost 250$ by trying to save 5$ :P

Are you able to run ''ftpiiu everywhere'' ? Can you launch the browser or homebrews? If you start the console while holding 'b' can you boot vwii?
..through ftp, maybe some files replacements can save it.. like, being able to add the legit ticket to the game or actually replacing it by a bought version of a vc ds game..
He installed it to a nonlegit game. It wont even try to boot haxchi/CBHC...

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people bricking their consoles may deserve some blame but why is there a guide out there that doesn't tell you you need a legit DS game or else you'll brick? The person who wrote that guide is causing people to brick consoles therefore that person is a moron.

I've just always avoided CBHC and stuck with regular Haxchi and it's been perfectly fine. It only saves a few seconds to be able to cold boot.

Last edited by ,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people bricking their consoles may deserve some blame but why is there a guide out there that doesn't tell you you need a legit DS game or else you'll brick? The person who wrote that guide is causing people to brick consoles therefore that person is a moron.
Its common sense really.... Non legit games wont boot up. I knew that and wasnt even told... Its more of the persons fault for not looking into it more/or all for that matter. No research = brick most of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol