Hacking HELP! I got black screen while i was doing safehax/fasthax

DINGIBING

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i pressed start configuration in luma and it is sending me to decrypt9wip or i need to close it by press power button

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

or i can do press select and unmount i and do it because press start in decrypt9wip it send me to configuration of luma again

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i pressed start configuration in luma and it is sending me to decrypt9wip or i need to close it by press power button
Do you actually want help, or do you just want to complain that your system isn't working?
  1. Shut off the 3DS.
  2. Download Luma3DS from: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.6/Luma3DSv6.6.7z
  3. Extract the file named "arm9loaderhax.bin" from Luma3DSv6.6.7z to the root of your SD card.
  4. On the SD card, there is a directory called /luma/payloads/. Delete everything in this directory. (should be a few .bin files)
  5. Download Hourglass9: https://github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases/download/v1.35/Hourglass9-20161113-140904.zip
  6. Extract the file named "Hourglass9.bin" from the ZIP file to /luma/payloads/, but rename it to "start_Hourglass9.bin".
  7. Put the SD card back in the system; hold the Start button and turn it on.
Please say exactly what appears on screen.

DINGIBING

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it is said failed to mount ctrnand and shut it down itself but it opened again luma configuration

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is said failed to mount ctrnand and shut it down itself
That's good. This is what's expected with Luma3DS on an N3DS with 2.1.

You did copy Hourglass9 to /luma/payloads/start_Hourglass9.bin, right? Hold the Start button, then keep it hold down while turning it on. What appears?

DINGIBING

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yep now it says hourglass9 v1.35 and in secondry there is a dragon picture but menu like decrypt9wip

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what am i going to do know???

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep now it says hourglass9 v1.35 and in secondry there is a dragon picture but menu like decrypt9wip
Hourglass9 is basically a "safe" version of Decrypt9. It removes some stuff that could brick A9LH.

Here's what you need to do now:
  1. On the main menu, select "SysNAND Backup/Restore..."
  2. Select "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)".
  3. It will ask you to select a filename. Use the D-Pad to select "NANDmin.bin", then press A.
  4. It might ask you to enter a button sequence. (I forget if HG9 does this.) If it does, enter the requested button sequence.
  5. The NANDmin.bin will be restored, while preserving the A9LH installation.
Once this is complete, get back to the main menu, then press Start to reboot. The system should boot normally.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it says sysnand restore (keep a9lh): succeeded! how can i go main menu am i need to press b or start to reboot it??? @GerbilSoft
Press Start. (Let go of Start immediately after; otherwise it'll be interpreted as "load Hourglass9" once Luma reloads.)

If all went well, you should be booted back to the Home Menu. Check System Settings and report back what version it claims it is.

EDIT: At the "Succeeded" screen, I think you press either A or Start to go back to the main menu. It should say something to that effect.

EDIT 2: Double-checked; the "Succeeded" screen says B/Start, like you mentioned. (Haven't used HG9 in a while.) Press Start.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it says Sys 11.2.0-35E
Congratulations, your 3DS is hacked. \o/ As of right now, your N3DS XL is fully usable as it was prior to starting hax, but because you're using Luma, there's some extras like region-free. The fun stuff is next: CIA installation.

Sections V and VI of the Install arm9loaderhax page show how to inject FBI into Health & Safety, which will let you install CIAs (both signed and unsigned):
https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll have to look for that yourself, since those aren't allowed on this site. There are some sites that claim to have "ISOs" where you can get them, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1