Hacking Help. I bricked my a9lh nand and i need to get my saves back to my older nands

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so i have decided to ask for help here on temp. damnit. i swore i would never do this, but it seems like i have to.
SO. I was downgrading to 10.3 from 11.0 (a9lh ofc). it failed. now i can unbrick my 3ds and whatnot, but i NEED my saves for fe if and mirai dx. i still have the nintendo 3ds folder on my sd and w/e, but i don't have any save backups. is there anything i could do to move the saves to a "new nand" (aka ctrtransfer nand)? would it work if i reinstalled the games from an older nand (which would still use the same folders)?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
IIRC, sadly, no as the CIA saves are NAND specific.
You make a new NAND, the Nintendo 3DS folder associated with the old NAND is meaningless.
Sorry, unless you made a backup via JKSM or something, there's nothing you can do :(
The ONLY way to use the Nintendo 3DS folder is to restore an old NAND backup that has the same Nintendo 3DS Folder ID as the one you're using to play the games and upgrade, and the saves will(in theory, if already installed on the old NAND persist)

Last edited by Davidosky99,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have decided to ask for help here on temp. damnit. i swore i would never do this, but it seems like i have to.
SO. I was downgrading to 10.3 from 11.0 (a9lh ofc). it failed. now i can unbrick my 3ds and whatnot, but i NEED my saves for fe if and mirai dx. i still have the nintendo 3ds folder on my sd and w/e, but i don't have any save backups. is there anything i could do to move the saves to a "new nand" (aka ctrtransfer nand)? would it work if i reinstalled the games from an older nand (which would still use the same folders)?
Assuming the NAND is the same just on a lower firmware and you never performed a system format on that NAND back or the current bricked one you should be able to simply reinstall the games (they will say complete install immediately) and continue playing like normal.

mgrev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Assuming the NAND is the same just on a lower firmware and you never performed a system format on that NAND back or the current bricked one you should be able to simply reinstall the games (they will say complete install immediately) and continue playing like normal.
so you mean that if i restore an older nand (never formatted) and reinstall the games with freeshop (i think i had fe if installed on the older nand), i can just use my saves again?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you mean that if i restore an older nand (never formatted) and reinstall the games with freeshop (i think i had fe if installed on the older nand), i can just use my saves again?
Yes because the Nintendo 3DS folder should still be the same, the only reason it would recreate it is if the NAND's are different because of a format.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, saves and game data are stored on the SD card, the only part of games related to the NAND is
  1. movable.sed for SD card encryption, regenerated every time your format
  2. The games ticket and entry in title.db
If you restore a backup that was formatted the same number of times, the movable.sed, and thus SD card encryption, will be the same. Install the games through whatever again, it'll probably go quickly as the only thing that needs to be installed is the ticket, and your old games should work.

mgrev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i fixed this in what i think was the best way possible. i dumped the ticket.db from my bricked nand, and restored an older version of the same nand, and injected the newer ticket.db
everything works. thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.