PS1/2 Help - how do i convert psv (ps3 virtual memory card save from fat ps3) to work on opl ps2?

Xzonedude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at first I used my fat ps3 to play ps2 games but I eventually got a ps2 and got fmcb running and now run all my ps2 games on opl. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get the psv files I extracted from my ps3 to work on my ps2 using ulaunchelf. I tried psv extractor and extracted it to a folder and then put it on a usb and moved it on to one of my ps2 memory cards using ulaunchelf and the saves wouldn't show up in my games, am I doing something wrong? I've tried to look it up but everywhere is flooded only withy how to bring ps2 saves to ps3.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you end up with a folder named after the titleid (for example "BASLUS-02452whatever"), containing a file with the same name + an icon.sys + whatever other files? That's the PS2 native format, which can be copied (folder included) to the root of the memory card and that's it for most games

No need to bother with the PSV format though - grab the entire virtual memory card off dev_hdd0/savedata/*.VM2 and extract it on a computer, or iirc you can even mount it directly in wLaunchELF

Xzonedude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah once I extracted it from psv exporter all the contents were exported to a folder called baslus-... with the icon.sys file named baslus etc. I then moved it with ulaunchelf onto a memory card but nothing comes up when I load the game (i've even tried it with multiple games). I will definitely try grabbing the entire virtual memory card eventually, but currently I don't live near my ps3 and last time I went home only grabbed the psv files so currently stuck trying to figure out how to work with psv files. Thanks for your quick reply!

Last edited by Xzonedude,

Xzonedude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right I do have a modded one but this is my online one so I don’t wanna mod it, dang guess I’m screwed unless I get a ps2 adapter which for some reason costs $50.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night