Hacking help...got a new 3ds xl and ak2i wont show up

formose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i need to run a firmware update in the .nds file but the thing dont even show up when i put it in my 3ds

is there a way to update firmware without using a 3ds or a ds? i have old ds phat but no way to charge it

EDIT: ok i wiped it with my shirt and it came on.......i guess sometimes problems are simple T_T

formose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it doesn't show up at all then you have a contact problem. Check this thread for more information.

Also, you will need either a 3DS/DSi on a firmware compatible with your AK2i or a DS/DS Lite if you need to update your card and make sure in the future to ALWAYS update your card first, not the system.

i dont think so..would be really strange timing to develop a contact issue same time as i got a new system right?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
No. No it wouldn't.

The AK2i has pretty crappy build quality, it could happen at any time.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact the the only time the AK2i wouldn't show up is if there were contact issues. So either you need to clean the contacts, or use the paper trick.

formose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. No it wouldn't.

The AK2i has pretty crappy build quality, it could happen at any time.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact the the only time the AK2i wouldn't show up is if there were contact issues. So either you need to clean the contacts, or use the paper trick.

ok..im going through this thread trying all the tricks but nothing is working. is there absolutely 100% no way it's a software issue?

edit: also how do i clean them? cotton bud? im guessing water is a bad idea? xD

formose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but now that it's being detected does someone know a way to update my ak2i without having another system to flash it on?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok but now that it's being detected does someone know a way to update my ak2i without having another system to flash it on?

Since your 3ds is on the latest firmware, there's no way. Consider using your DS phat, if the problem is you don't have a working battery charger, you can buy one for like $3 on amazon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.