Help! Gamestop sold me a softmodded wii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zRussian, Jun 6, 2011.

Jun 6, 2011
  1. zRussian
    OP

Newcomer zRussian Advanced Member

United States
    Ok so today I went to Gamestop and bought myself a used Wii from there and when I opened the box I got the White Wii with a black wii remote and a black nunchuck with it. So i plug the system into the wall and setup everything then I turn on my Wii and i get a black screen with stuff on the top saying Systemmenu, Homebrew Channel, Installed File, Load/Install File, Systemmenu Hacks, and Settings. Then on the bottom left it says IOS v60 and Systemmenu v417 and on the bottom right it says preloader v0.29. I thought no problem and tried to sync my remote but that also wouldn't work so can someone help me with this or tell me what should I do?

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You may have hit the reset button when loading, which loads up preloader 0.29. There should be a button to return to system menu. Try that. It's called System Menu. It should bring you to the WII's menu. There is an option inside preloader to remove preloader 0.29 from automatically booting up every load.

Wynd

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    First make sure you were not just holding the reset button while turning on the wii.

If preloader still starts up, and you cant use the wii remote (I believe that you can't use the red sync button from preloader) then you will have to use a gamecube controller.

If you dont have a gamecube controller, then you can hope that the wii has bootmii, and use modmii to set up an sd card for bootmii, put that in the wii, and turn it on. If you are lucky, the bootmii screen will show up, and from there you can load the homebrew channel or system menu and then sync your wii remote.

4. zRussian
    OP

Newcomer zRussian Advanced Member

United States
    Well I would try your method but I can sync my wii remote in order to do that and plus I don't have a gamecube controller.

5. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    If you don't have a gamecube controller, you will have to hope the wii has bootmii as boot2 installed on it. Just set up the SD for bootmii with ModMii for windows, and then put that SD in the wii and turn it on.

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Uh, why not just take it back to the store?