Help! Game froze - Atmosphere no longer boots

justaplaneguy0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my son and I are playing monopoly on the switch, and suddenly the game locks up, can still hear the sound, I go to reboot and it shows the atmosphere splash then goes to a black screen. I go into hekate and try loading stock, works no problem. I go back into hekate and try booting atmosphere several various ways with the same result.

Seems like maybe something happened on the SD card end. Can this simply be fixed by downloading the latest atmosphere and overwriting some files? Never had this happen before.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just put your SD card in a PC and see if something shows up.
If the card was formatted in exFat and nothing shows up, then likely something went wrong with writing to the SD card, messing the whole thing up.

Usually you can download the latest atmosphere + sigpatches and overwrite everything on the SD card.
Do note that if you come from an old version, you also will need to update the primary payload that you inject into the Switch.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend using another SD card to start from scratch.
If you were not using an emuNAND/emuMMC, save games will all be on the internal memory and all will be available if you reinstall games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...