Sarlic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone:

I'm very new to all of this stuff with my DS. I recently bought the Cyclone DS and I'm enjoying it very much.

I loaded SNesemulDS (or whatever it's called) and NesDS and I'm digging enjoying some old school games.

However, I've tried to play a few that lock up and won't load -- Mario Kart for SNES and Link to the Past.

For some ROMs, is there any further compression/editing necessary, or should they just load right up in the emulator? Other ROMs (like Final Fantasy III, FZero, etc) seem to load up without any issue.

Thanks very much, and sorry of this question has been asked a bunch of times.

SM

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SNES emulation is not very far advanced and the SNES is a fairly hard machine to emulate completely:
http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_games_with_special_chips

As for link to the past can I suggest the GBA version, you can not load it with a DS slot cart but there are several cheap expansion packs to enable GBA play (the cyclo DS supports the 3 in 1 as I recall but there is third part software for others).

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Yeah what FAST6191 said, also do you mean CycloDS? because I don't know of any Cyclone DS D:. Also Mario Karts SNES works fine for me on SnemulDS, though I usually have to mess around with the layers.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played up through at least the first Dark World dungeon in LttP in SNEmulDS, so it should boot fine. Mario Kart of course is not supported.

Which version of SNEmulDS are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.