Hacking [help] Fixing error 003 unauthorized device has been detected

blopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi all!
So, my friend updated a Wii with chipmod to 4.2U and the Wii got bricked!
Now, I'm trying to fix it using this tutorial: http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-issues...n-detected.html but I just can't get it done!
When I turn the Wii on using SaveMiiFrii, the 4.2 USA shows up, so I put the game disc but nothing happens! Keep on the 4.2 USA screen forever.
What is wrong?
Please, help!

Thanks a lot!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
3 things bad:

1) He chipped his Wii.
2) The URL to that guide does not contain gbatemp.net.
3) If he was gonna update, he should have updated using either Modmii or the official Nintendo updater. Dirty tricks like the "Safe 4.2 Upgrader" will usually brick your Wii.

Send the Wii to DeadlyFoez (with his permission of course) and he can use his Infectus to fix the Wii. Hopefully.

blopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fishaman P said:
3 things bad:

1) He chipped his Wii.
3) If he was gonna update, he should have updated using either Modmii or the official Nintendo updater. Dirty tricks like the "Safe 4.2 Upgrader" will usually brick your Wii.

Send the Wii to DeadlyFoez (with his permission of course) and he can use his Infectus to fix the Wii. Hopefully.

Firstly, thanks for your reply =)

1) Yeah! So stupid
2) Sorry! There's the same on GBAtemp, but it's outdated! Here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207572
3) I live in Brazil =(

As far as I know, the tutorial should work... why it isn't?

EDIT: When I try my original Super Mario Galaxy 2 game, the 4.2 USA disappear, the screen goes all black, but nothing happens. What could it be? Help i.i

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
3 things bad:

1) He chipped his Wii.

Not a one of those three points was right. I'd much rather have a chip than a slow softmod for disc loading any day. Just because it isn't a link to GBAtemp doesn't mean it's wrong and Never EVER use the official Nintendo Updater to update a wii!

as for the rest of it yes...

@OP As mauifrog said the guide works perfectly. If it's not reading the game disc then it doesn't have a chip in the system. If it does have a chip then you are doing something wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV