OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Uncheck "Use pre-patched FIRMs" and press START
Ah it just booted up, thanks :D
So is it done now? Ill just have to use the tutorial which you gave me the link for? When I get my new card and formatted it, that is :)

EDIT:
My Homebrew launcher is gone, though :o
Only the FBI program is left (I had HBL and a sysupdater before, aswell)

Last edited by ArevReloaded,

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah it just booted up, thanks :D
So is it done now? Ill just have to use the tutorial which you gave me the link for? When I get my new card and formatted it, that is :)
Go to System Settings app, if it says Emu with the version number then you're all set.
Leave that "Use pre-pacthed FIRMs" option Unchecked for now. Once you have done all steps again for new SD card then you can check this option back again (it will re-create pre-patched FIRM file on SD card that allows for bit faster boot).

Reactions: ArevReloaded

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Go to System Settings app, if it says Emu with the version number then you're all set.
Leave that "Use pre-pacthed FIRMs" option Unchecked for now. Once you have done all steps again for new SD card then you can check this option back again (it will re-create pre-patched FIRM file on SD card that allows for bit faster boot).
It does say emu indeed, but what about the homebrew launcher and the sysupdate which vanished off the home menu?

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
It does say emu indeed, but what about the homebrew launcher and the sysupdate which vanished off the home menu?
If you followed that guide, then it would've used TinyFormat to unlink the two NANDs. This would cause titles installed on SysNAND to not show up in EmuNAND. This is what you want.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
It does say emu indeed, but what about the homebrew launcher and the sysupdate which vanidhed off the home menu?
Power off console. Put the SD card in computer. Go in "Nintendo 3DS" folder and note the folder with long name.
Move back the same folder name from the new folder that you created earlier and put it back on "Nintendo 3DS" (you better delete the currently present folder with same name to avoid overwriting).
Put back console SD card in console and boot to see if all stuff is back there. If yes then you can safely delete the new folder that had other several folders in there (as they are not in use by console)

PS. Also since you clone the sysNAND to emuNAND it is using the same folder (that is sysNAND and emuNAND are linked). Not sure if the well-known unwrap-app bug will cause any issue with A9LH...

EDIT: You can format emuNAND using TinyFormat like frosty mentioned above

Last edited by Just3DS,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Power off console. Put the SD card in computer. Go in Nintendo 3DS folder and note the folder with long name.
Move back the same folder name from the new folder that you created earlier and put it back on Nintendo 3DS (you better delete the currently present folder with same name to avoid overwriting).
Put back console SD card in console and boot to see if all stuff is back there. If yes then you can safely delete the new folder that had other several folders in there (as they are not in use by console)

PS. Also since you clone the sysNAND to emuNAND it is using the same folder (that is sysNAND and emuNAND are linked). Not sure if the well-known unwrap-app bug will cause any issue with A9LH...

"Move back the same folder name from the new folder that you created earlier and put it back on Nintendo 3DS (you better delete the currently present folder with same name to avoid overwriting"
Sorry, perhaps my english is too bad, but I don't quite get what you want me to do here

EDIT:
Sorry, I just had to re-read a few times, i got it now :D

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
"Move back the same folder name from the new folder that you created earlier and put it back on Nintendo 3DS (you better delete the currently present folder with same name to avoid overwriting"
Sorry, perhaps my english is too bad, but I don't quite get what you want me to do here
In the screenshot you had 5 long folder names that I told you to move into a new folder, one of them should be re-created by console in "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the moment.
8df2...
944e...
c692...
ebba...

See if the same occurs in "Nintendo 3DS" folder. If yes then delete that and move the one with the same name which you had in the new folder THAT you created earlier.

Last edited by Just3DS,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the screenshot you had 5 long folder names that I told you to move into a new folder, one of them should be re-created by console in "Nintendo 3DS" folder at the moment.
8df2...
944e...
c929...
ebba...

See if the same occurs in "Nintendo 3DS" folder. If yes then delete that and move the one with the same name which you had in the new folder THAT you created earlier.

I did so, but the Homebrew Loader is still gone :D If it's not posing any further problems, could I just install the Launcher again on EmuNAND?

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Just3DS
Wait, you wanted me to delete the newly created folder in /Nintendo 3DS with the long name in order to copy the folder with the same name(from the folder i newly created) into /Nintendo 3DS, right?

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I did so, but the Homebrew Loader is still gone :D If it's not posing any further problems, could I just install the Launcher again on EmuNAND?
See if you have FBI loaded when you launch Health and Safety app?
If not then try copying back all folders the same way as it was initially and see if it comes back.

If still not then you need to use Decrypt9 to do few steps to set it up.

@Just3DS
Wait, you wanted me to delete the newly created folder in /Nintendo 3DS with the long name in order to copy the folder with the same name(from the folder i newly created) into /Nintendo 3DS, right?
Yes.

Last edited by Just3DS,

ArevReloaded

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
See if you have FBI loaded when you launch Health and Safety app?
If not then try copying back all folders the same way as it was initially and see if it comes back.

If still not then you need to use Decrypt9 to do few steps to set it up.

Yes.

Where is the health and safety app? Cant seem to find it

Do I have to delete the 922... folder I copied to /Nintendo 3DS? Delete it from the newly created folder, I mean

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes

Do I have to delete the 922... folder I copied to /Nintendo 3DS? Delete it from the newly created folder, I mean - so that its only present in/Nintendo 3DS
No need to do such stuff if you have FBI... I thought that it got removed too. You simply need to install Homebrew Launcher cia file using FBI
Download and extract the file with cia extention from hb_launcher_loader_v1.1 from here: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
Put the cia file in SD card using computer.
Boot console, open FBI. Navigate to the cia file and press A to install. Once that is done you can press HOME button to get back to home screen and it will have the Homebrew launcher app there.
EDIT: Before running Homebrew Launcher app you may need to connect console to internet so that it gets set up Homebrew (required one time only).

Last edited by Just3DS,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1