OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, this is my problem:

I done something to my wii and now i cant instal WAD files AT ALL, and that is a big problem because i cant install IOS files so i can modify or update ios files or whatewer. Or i cant install wii ware games or vc games.....

I cant ewen update my system menu through disc channel or through internet. And also i can't install ANNY wad's in MMM or wad mannager or with preloader.....

Long storry short is what ewer i need to install to my wii, i simply CANT, i cant
frown.gif

And whenewer i TRY to instal something in "wad mannager" for example, it giwes me this:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[+] Installing WAD, please wait...
>> Instaling ticket... ERROR! (ret = -1024)

Press any button to continue...
Now i read somewhere that error 1024 means something "-1024, ENOMEM, Memory allocation failure", but how can that help me to solwe my problem and what should i do so i can normally install WAD's like before?

And yeah, i almos forgot, i dont hawe NAND backup, but i do hawe backup of NAND from my other wii, and that backup was done when that other wii was still a virgin. Could i somwhow restore that nand from my other wii to this wii that has a problem installing wads? IF i can do that than my problem is solved, but only IF...........

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, ret 1024 is the official wii error of death. You can uninstall anything you like, ios, channels, etc, but you will never be able to install anything, no mater what. You can't install the HBC, you can't install wads, nothing, absolutely nothing at all. Try everything you like, everything will fail. The only fix is the comix nand formater, which you can only use if you still have bootmii ios or boot2 bootmii. Be sure not to uninstall bootmii or HBC if you still have it, bootmii is your only hope. Once you have tried everything and failed, then you will believe me.

Load bootmii via HBC or bootmii booter via bannerbomb or disc exploit.
Make a nand backup
Then follow the nand formatting guide in the bricked wii section of wiihacks.

If you don't have bootmii, your screwed. Nand reprogramming is your only hope.

Didn't you post this same issue a few months ago? Found HERE-
http://gbatemp.net/t242989-cant-install-wa...-1012?&st=0
Did you think time would make you any less screwed?

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Sorry, ret 1024 is the official wii error of death. You can uninstall anything you like, ios, channels, etc, but you will never be able to install anything, no mater what. You can't install the HBC, you can't install wads, nothing, absolutely nothing at all. Try everything you like, everything will fail. The only fix is the comix nand formater, which you can only use if you still have bootmii ios or boot2 bootmii. Be sure not to uninstall bootmii or HBC if you still have it, bootmii is your only hope. Once you have tried everything and failed, then you will believe me.

Make a nand backup

Sorry, but -1012 and -1024 are note the same, so I think it's justifiable to post a new thread for a new issue.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dude, try installing cIOS rev21 using 36 like base. Probably you are using a cIOS that is not able to install WAD's.

That happened to me when I installed cIOS57 rev21 to play Black Ops I wasnt able to install wads. Then I installed cIOS36 rev21 and it worked without problems. Had to change back to 57 to play Black Ops tho

BloodyFlame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WaRMarinE said:
Dude, try installing cIOS rev21 using 36 like base. Probably you are using a cIOS that is not able to install WAD's.

That happened to me when I installed cIOS57 rev21 to play Black Ops I wasnt able to install wads. Then I installed cIOS36 rev21 and it worked without problems. Had to change back to 57 to play Black Ops tho

QUOTE(~Wiiloader~ @ Feb 9 2011, 07:20 PM) ok, this is my problem:

I done something to my wii and now i cant instal WAD files AT ALL, and that is a big problem because i cant install IOS files so i can modify or update ios files or whatewer. Or i cant install wii ware games or vc games.....

I cant ewen update my system menu through disc channel or through internet. And also i can't install ANNY wad's in MMM or wad mannager or with preloader.....

Long storry short is what ewer i need to install to my wii, i simply CANT, i cant
frown.gif

And whenewer i TRY to instal something in "wad mannager" for example, it giwes me this:
[+] Installing WAD, please wait...
>> Instaling ticket... ERROR! (ret = -1024)

Press any button to continue...
Now i read somewhere that error 1024 means something "-1024, ENOMEM, Memory allocation failure", but how can that help me to solwe my problem and what should i do so i can normally install WAD's like before?

And yeah, i almos forgot, i dont hawe NAND backup, but i do hawe backup of NAND from my other wii, and that backup was done when that other wii was still a virgin. Could i somwhow restore that nand from my other wii to this wii that has a problem installing wads? IF i can do that than my problem is solved, but only IF...........

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ouch, 1024 is the death of Wii's. I've observed many threads on the subject and mauifrog is the most knowledgeable on the subject. Except for having a NAND backup to restore after an all out format using Comex's NAND formatter, there is no way to survive a 1024.

You have my condolences....

To bad there isn't enough info on what causes a 1024 error. In lieu of a actual fix, it would nice if there was a MINI based tool that allowed you to format your Wii after reading certain information so that it can be reset to current factory conditions. That way, all the information specific to that Wii like the Wii Shop account, friend code, NAND serial number and private key can be retained/restored while everything else could be re-downloaded and installed. There are some MODs of Comex's NAND formatter, but as far as I've seen they have all fallen short of a complete ideal solution retaining all unique info.

-[]D

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mauifrog said:
He is screwed, this is the same issue as his last
read-
http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,44601

Ret 1012, 1024, 4100 are all very bad.

If he does a syscheck, all of his patched ios will show as not patched even though they are. Like I said, try everything, but he is SOL. Only the nand formater can fix it.
Not to make light of ~Wiiloader~'s situation, but if I were the more paranoid type I'd say this 1024 phenomenon was some sort of anti-piracy secret weapon from Nintendo. I mean, just look at the way it affects cIOS that should have the Truch Bug intact and how it alters the way SysCheck reports.... I'm wrapping my Wii in tin foil as you read this....
ohmy.gif

EDIT: Before someone takes me seriously....I'm kidding, put that tin foil down....

-[]D

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PPSainity said:
To bad there isn't enough info on what causes a 1024 error. In lieu of a actual fix, it would nice if there was a MINI based tool that allowed you to format your Wii after reading certain information so that it can be reset to current factory conditions. That way, all the information specific to that Wii like the Wii Shop account, friend code, NAND serial number and private key can be retained/restored while everything else could be re-downloaded and installed. There are some MODs of Comex's NAND formatter, but as far as I've seen they have all fallen short of a complete ideal solution retaining all unique info.
Well the NAND serial number and private key are hardcoded, so they don't change. Your Wii Shop account is tied to your device cert, which also isn't going to change so it will be fine too. That leaves your friend code, which changes each time you use the "system format" option in the main menu. But a little known fact is that it uses a fixed algorithm based on other hardware in the wii (wifi mac, ng id etc.) so it will always be the same after formatting x times. For example let's say I have a brand new wii:
Upon first startup, the wii friend code (shown in the system menu) is 111111.
I use the format option in system settings, the wii friend code changes to 222222.
I use comex's nand formatter; the wii friend code is now back to 111111.
Using the format option in system settings makes it change to 222222 again.

So there you go, it's not a random number at all.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
Well the NAND serial number and private key are hardcoded, so they don't change. Your Wii Shop account is tied to your device cert, which also isn't going to change so it will be fine too. That leaves your friend code, which changes each time you use the "system format" option in the main menu. But a little known fact is that it uses a fixed algorithm based on other hardware in the wii (wifi mac, ng id etc.) so it will always be the same after formatting x times. For example let's say I have a brand new wii:
Upon first startup, the wii friend code (shown in the system menu) is 111111.
I use the format option in system settings, the wii friend code changes to 222222.
I use comex's nand formatter; the wii friend code is now back to 111111.
Using the format option in system settings makes it change to 222222 again.

So there you go, it's not a random number at all.
Awesome, I love learning tidbits on the Wii's internal workings. I went over my notes that I had made on my foray into the uses of Comex's NAND formatter. I did forget that certain keys are stored in the Wii's OTP. Also, I did not know that the Wii Shop account was tied into the system's cert. I remember asking on what information in the Wii that the Shop account was tied too in and old post and never finding out, so that's another great tidbit attained. Looking at that old post, I now recall what I was trying to remember as being a problem with Comex's NAND formatter. At that time of that post it was my understanding that the setting.txt file stored in /title/00000001/00000002/data stores the Wii's serial number and that had to be retained as that was not stored in the OTP, further thinking that it was tied to the Wii Shop Channel as well.

So please correct me if I am wrong. If one were to use an unmodded version of Comex's NAND formatter, took care to by some means restore the original setting.txt contents, and combined with the Wii's OTP, they will retain all that makes the Wii unique? So while everything else is generic as far as IOS, EULA and system/channel apps go that can be downloaded using NUSD, the Wii will be functionally the same including access to previous game saves (understanding that the games must be run for the ticket to be re-installed) and most importantly the Wii Shop Account....?

-[]D

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, the serial number seems to be the only thing that isn't hardcoded anywhere (unless you count the barcode stuck to the bottom of the wii). It's another thing used to generate the friend code (wc24 code is what nintendo calls it), from memory.

I'm not 100% sure if game saves would still be compatible, since I'm not sure how the ECC signature is generated. In theory they would be. Purchased content would need to be re-downloaded unless you wanted to use a hacked/fakesigned WAD; despite what some people say it's impossible to make an installable WAD even if the source ticket is for your own wii (well not impossible but there are no tools to do it).

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
Yeah, the serial number seems to be the only thing that isn't hardcoded anywhere (unless you count the barcode stuck to the bottom of the wii). It's another thing used to generate the friend code (wc24 code is what nintendo calls it), from memory.

I'm not 100% sure if game saves would still be compatible, since I'm not sure how the ECC signature is generated. In theory they would be. Purchased content would need to be re-downloaded unless you wanted to use a hacked/fakesigned WAD; despite what some people say it's impossible to make an installable WAD even if the source ticket is for your own wii (well not impossible but there are no tools to do it).
Lol, I guess the serial is hardencoded if you count the sticker. My major concern is that purchased content from Wii Shop would still be available for download, preserving that server side connection to the account. It would suck if after having to use Comex's formatter, you had to pay for everything you already bought... Gamesaves are not a big deal as there are homebrew savegame managers that take care of that; so if some type of random seed that can't be recovered is used, big deal, worse case, restart the game. Everything else is recoverable or of no consequence really. Just the Wii Shop account, that is a biggie. Too bad Nintendo didn't incorporate a roaming profile for the shop (like iTunes), would help those who replace their Wiis out of warranty as well as other situations like having to use Comex's NAND formatter...

I think I have inadvertently hi-jacked this thread.....oops.

-[]D

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:

Make a nand backup

Actualy, what i did was... i restored NAND, i hawe NAND backup before i deleted ios 15 and before i did nasty things to my Wii... so now ewerything is normal except that i cant install WADs and except i cant play games through disc channel, and i cant play metroid trilogy DVD5 (it restarts my wii ) installing WADs still giwes me err 1024..... so, my wii is now back through time, (i did not hawe GC controler at that time so i couldnt restore NAND)
smile.gif
now please ask me what ewer you need to know so you can hawe better picture of my wii.
Tell me what you want me to do with my wii and i'l do it. my hands are your hands
smile.gif
imagine this like fixing a wii from a distance...
i want to fix my wii so i can install things again and softmodd my wii again...

There MUST be something that can be done to fix this thing :/ please help.....

and remember, i'm a semi-NOOB
yaywii.gif

And my problems started after i tryed to install wads manualy from cIOS corp, and when i installed patched ios60 (i cant remember exactly) my problems started......

yes, i do hawe bootMii as Boot2 (i think) when my wii powers up BootMii is shown, does that mean i hawe bootmii as boot2?
and yes, i hawe HBC v7.0 (i cant load HBC v8 with bannerbomb and in HBC v6 it say "there are no vulnerable IOS"... so, i could only install HBC v7.0)

I'm waiting for instructions................
smile.gif

yes, that's when the problems started ------> http://gbatemp.net/t242989-cant-install-wa...-1012?&st=0

This is my LATEST Syscheck report:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: PAL
The system menu v418 is running under IOS61 (rev 5405)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 59709074
Boot2 v3
Found 76 titles
Found 27 IOS on this console
Found 5 IOS Stubs on this console

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0
IOS4 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS9 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS10 (rev 768),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS11 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS12 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS13 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS14 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS15 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS16 (rev 512),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS17 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS21 (rev 782),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS22 (rev 1037),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS28 (rev 1550),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS30 (rev 2576),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS31 (rev 3349),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3091),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3348),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3349),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS37 (rev 3869),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS38 (rev 3867),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS50 (rev 4889),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS51 (rev 4633),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS53 (rev 5406),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5406),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS60 (rev 6174),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS61 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS222 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS223 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS249 (rev 17),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled
IOS250 (rev 65535),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled

Report generated on 2011/02/11

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You did'nt need a CG controller to restore your NAND!

You can use the buttons on your Wii itself !

You could try to set up Sneek to help you with your problem, since you have bootmii v2.
Just forget about your "real" NAND.

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
You did'nt need a CG controller to restore your NAND!

You can use the buttons on your Wii itself !

You could try to set up Sneek to help you with your problem, since you have bootmii v2.
Just forget about your "real" NAND.
I couldnt use Wii buttons, i dont know why. Thats the reason i bought GC controler.

What is sneek and how can that help me? And how do you mean "forget about your "real" nand"???

Please explain me, i am a semy noob.

Thanks
smile.gif

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
~Wiiloader~ said:
mauifrog said:

Make a nand backup

Actualy, what i did was... i restored NAND, i hawe NAND backup before i deleted ios 15 and before i did nasty things to my Wii... so now ewerything is normal except that i cant install WADs and except i cant play games through disc channel, and i cant play metroid trilogy DVD5 (it restarts my wii ) installing WADs still giwes me err 1024..... so, my wii is now back through time, (i did not hawe GC controler at that time so i couldnt restore NAND)
smile.gif
now please ask me what ewer you need to know so you can hawe better picture of my wii.
Tell me what you want me to do with my wii and i'l do it. my hands are your hands
smile.gif
imagine this like fixing a wii from a distance...
i want to fix my wii so i can install things again and softmodd my wii again...

There MUST be something that can be done to fix this thing :/ please help.....

and remember, i'm a semi-NOOB
yaywii.gif

And my problems started after i tryed to install wads manualy from cIOS corp, and when i installed patched ios60 (i cant remember exactly) my problems started......

yes, i do hawe bootMii as Boot2 (i think) when my wii powers up BootMii is shown, does that mean i hawe bootmii as boot2?
and yes, i hawe HBC v7.0 (i cant load HBC v8 with bannerbomb and in HBC v6 it say "there are no vulnerable IOS"... so, i could only install HBC v7.0)

I'm waiting for instructions................
smile.gif

yes, that's when the problems started ------> http://gbatemp.net/t242989-cant-install-wa...-1012?&st=0

This is my LATEST Syscheck report:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: PAL
The system menu v418 is running under IOS61 (rev 5405)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 59709074
Boot2 v3
Found 76 titles
Found 27 IOS on this console
Found 5 IOS Stubs on this console

IOS (revision),IOS Stub,Trucha Bug,ES Identify,Flash Access,NAND Access,Boot2 Access,USB 2.0
IOS4 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS9 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS10 (rev 768),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS11 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS12 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS13 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS14 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS15 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS16 (rev 512),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS17 (rev 7),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS21 (rev 782),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS22 (rev 1037),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS28 (rev 1550),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS30 (rev 2576),No,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS31 (rev 3349),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS33 (rev 3091),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS34 (rev 3348),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS35 (rev 3349),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS36 (rev 3607),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS37 (rev 3869),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS38 (rev 3867),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS50 (rev 4889),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS51 (rev 4633),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS53 (rev 5406),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS55 (rev 5406),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS56 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS60 (rev 6174),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS61 (rev 5405),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Disabled
IOS222 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS223 (rev 65280),Yes,?,?,?,?,?,?
IOS249 (rev 17),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled
IOS250 (rev 65535),No,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Enabled,Disabled,Enabled

Report generated on 2011/02/11
Just use the comix nand formater and your issue will be fixed.
There is a guide if you need one-
Using NAND Formatter to completely Re-install your Wii

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
~Wiiloader~ said:
I couldnt use Wii buttons, i dont know why. Thats the reason i bought GC controler.

What is sneek and how can that help me? And how do you mean "forget about your "real" nand"???

Please explain me, i am a semy noob.

Thanks
smile.gif

SNEEK is able to emulate the entire NAND, so you can run a second "NAND" from an SD card (or USB if you use UNEEK). Like that, you never even need to use your actual NAND.

It's not the easiest thing to set up though.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
SNEEK is able to emulate the entire NAND, so you can run a second "NAND" from an SD card (or USB if you use UNEEK). Like that, you never even need to use your actual NAND.

It sure isn't the easiest thing to set up, but with most of the info found here, ModMii, whatever the best Sneek builder is to use (I don't even remember anymore), some intuition and common sense, you'll be fine.

@OP - If you choose to go the SNEEK route (I use UNEEK+DI, which is all off of a usb hard drive), you can set Priiloader to autoboot BootMii every time, which will automatically load SNEEK/UNEEK, provided you have everything in place. In my opinion, this is the route I would go rather than Comex's NAND formatter just in case anything goes wrong. But if you have BootMii@Boot2, then you would be fine using the NAND formatter.

Just my 2 cents =)

~Wiiloader~

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
tj_cool said:

It sure isn't the easiest thing to set up, but with most of the info found here, ModMii, whatever the best Sneek builder is to use (I don't even remember anymore), some intuition and common sense, you'll be fine.

@OP - If you choose to go the SNEEK route (I use UNEEK+DI, which is all off of a usb hard drive), you can set Priiloader to autoboot BootMii every time, which will automatically load SNEEK/UNEEK, provided you have everything in place. In my opinion, this is the route I would go rather than Comex's NAND formatter just in case anything goes wrong. But if you have BootMii@Boot2, then you would be fine using the NAND formatter.

Just my 2 cents =)
Hm, that NAND emulator thing looks REALLY REALLY interesting. I want to try that route. Can you please explain me more about that NAND emulator SNEEK, i want to know ewerything before i do something
smile.gif
... this is how i understand it, now you do correct me if i'm wrong.
i can settup nand emulator on my SD card or USB stick or USB HDD and not on my Wii memory, as i understand wii nand emulator runs like some Homebrew app that i launch from HBC for example neogamma that runs straight from SD right... is that correct?

and when i run nand emulator it is used as real nand, am i right?

but i dont understand some things. if i want to play some new games and i need an IOS to run it, can i install IOS/cIOS to an nand emulator that is on SD or USB flash (i mean i just put for example IOS55 to some folder on SD/USB flash and than i can play that game that requiers that IOS) unlike with my real NAND where i must use wad mannager to install IOS/cIOS wads?

and when i want to play some vc games, do i need to put VC wads in some folder where nand emulator is or do i need to install it just like i would with my real nand?

and last, do i need to hawe my nand dump and use it as emulator or can i use nand from different console and use it on my wii as emulated nand? i ask this question because MY real nand is not all that good as you can see in this topic, and i do hawe a new clean nand from my friends Wii?

i think that NAND emulator is best choice for me...

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: