Help: Corrupted Data has been detected?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I agree I just backed up and will be reformatting the sd and starting over. I think you’re right it’s corrupted. Do you know if I have to do anything else before setting up again, other than formatting? My switch is banned, so I orginally set it up on sysnand instead of emunand. I have my backups of the sysnand (pre cfw), but I don’t think I need To restore them right now, right?
Not at all. Backups are only in emergency should something bad happen to you Sysnand. As long as your Sysnand is bootable we can make as many copies as we want for Emunand. Game saves are the only things we really care about. Games are likely corrupted and homebrew is relatively easy to recover with the homebrew App Store.

e: if your SDCard is large you will need Rufus or another 3rd party FAT32 formatter.

WhyHelloThere1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal to have to run a corruption check before all my installed games open? They all say corrupted and then will open after the check. Is that how the sigpatches are supposed to work?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal to have to run a corruption check before all my installed games open? They all say corrupted and then will open after the check. Is that how the sigpatches are supposed to work?

That’s not normal. Do you have one that’s acting up that you could delete and reinstall real quick as a test?

also, try these:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

e: are you running fat32 or exfat drivers?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After all of this, I think a good backup, format the SD card using FAT32Gui and then test using H2testW to be sure the SD card it's OK, then restore what you need and start over.
Updated my blog:

h2testw — a destructive (in a good way) test to determine if your SD Card is good or not.
FAT32 GUI Formatter — Format large cards/drives with FAT32
Rufus — Another tool to format large cards/drives with FAT32

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Updated my blog:

h2testw — a destructive (in a good way) test to determine if your SD Card is good or not.
FAT32 GUI Formatter — Format large cards/drives with FAT32
Rufus — Another tool to format large cards/drives with FAT32
By the way, H2testW really isn't a destructive test, it only test free space on partition, so, if you want to test all the disk you need to format and/or repartition the disk (backup preferred), but you can test only the free space if you like; and if the card is ok, no data will be lost. :D

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, H2testW really isn't a destructive test, it only test free space on partition, so, if you want to test all the disk you need to format and/or repartition the disk (backup preferred), but you can test only the free space if you like; and if the card is ok, no data will be lost. :D
I thought for sure that when you clicked:
  1. Ensure “all available space” is selected
…that it did a write/verify on all bits.

My world is a sham! I need to test this now.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If all your games are corrupt right after a firmware update.... you may have forgotten to update your sigpatches.
If Tinfoil isnt working after firmware update and sigpatch update...then download the most recent Tinfoil and re-install it.

Reactions: sporesprout

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over