Hacking Help choosing New Cios for USB Loader GX

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry If this post is in the wrong place as I am new to these forums.

Basically I can't seem to find new up to date information on what is the best cios to use for USB Loader GX or any other that supports NTFS, I have update since I last modded the wii a year ago and lost the SD card but still my issue is that USB Loader GX does not detect my games (I have tried WBFS formatted drive, FAT32 and NTFS)

When I first had issues with USB loader I decided to use Hackmii and do a complete new update of all mods etc so I have USB Loader gx 3.0 and another usb loader and new version of homebrew.

I can only think my issue is with the cios so I'm wondering what everyone is using now days, I noticed some older posts from 2011 talk about using Hermes v5, but it's all rather confusing as everyone says all different things on what cios should be used and many posts are old and such and its been difficult to find a good guide on exactly what ones I should use.

Please any advice on best cios much appreciated.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm currently using d2x v10 beta 52, specifically, ios248 with base 56 to load all my games (except a few, in which case I use 247 base 57)

My Toshiba HDD formatted to NTFS works flawlessly.

Download d2x cIOS installer 3.1 and you'll be good to go. It will install d2x v8 final. Remember to install it to slot 248 with base 56 and to slot 247 with base 57.

Then, you can delete ios 222, 223, 224 and 249 (outdated, useless now)

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks mate, I'll give this a go, I already tried installing D2x v8 final, not sure what slot or what base but I'll give this a go.

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh? I'll give that a go if the above config does not work.
Once done, can I delete all the others? (I have 222, 223, 224, 236, 249, 250, 251, 254 and the two new 247, and and 248)

also does revision matter right now its on default rev21008

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i tried installing both suggested and USB loader seems to detect the USB drive but then shows 0 games, even though I formatted to FAT32 and used WiiBackupManager to copy the games over into the correct WBFS folder into split files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
verify that the loader settings are correct :

1. the partition is the correct one :
Settings > HDD settings > partition : click on the first option if it's not listing the correct partition where your /Wbfs/ folder is located.

2. You selected the correct source :
in the top menu, click on the 4th icon and enable "Wii games".

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, yeah I installed D2x v8 then tried d2x v10 and it still didn't work but what happen was I tried a 2TB WD hard drive and it worked.

The USB stick is listed as working on the wiki site but it just doesn’t work.

With the sandisk cruzer it was showing if it was NTFS or FAT but it was showing the incorrect size for the disk and not showing up games.

I installed D2x v10 into 3 slots 249 250 and 251 with 48 49 and 50 i think.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x cIOS v8 is the last stable version of the cIOS. Try v8 first, then update to v10 if you want, only after you find out if v8 works.

IOS249 with a base of 56
IOS250 with a base of 57
and IOS251 with a base of 58

reinstall IOS236 if you deleted that one, that comes in handy for other applications besides backup loaders.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I never installed IOS236 and don't know which application besides wad managers which are using it.
Wad managers can be used without any cIOS now, the 236 is not really needed.

Richie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK thanks, yeah I think I will try v8 because with v10 I am getting an issue with just dance 4 where controller 2-4 turns off constantly.

Does it matter if I delete the older ones sitting in other slots or will that not effect any thing else?

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK thanks, yeah I think I will try v8 because with v10 I am getting an issue with just dance 4 where controller 2-4 turns off constantly.

Does it matter if I delete the older ones sitting in other slots or will that not effect any thing else?

with that game, try to use the cIOS that's using base 57, that would be 250 if you followed SickPuppy's advice.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOS are always loaded one at a time. Having ISO in different slots doesn't affect the currently running application or game.
You can keep them, they are not a problem unless you really are in need of free space on your NAND (for save games for example).

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this will get you the recommended cIOSs which are supported by every loader (excluding quadforce and DIOS MIOS (Lite)):

ModMii Download Page 4 (cIOSs and cMIOSs)...

Select Recommended cIOSs and download

Copy files to sd:\wad and then install them using either Wad Manager, Multi-Mod Manager or WiiMod with IOS236 selected.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never installed IOS236 and don't know which application besides wad managers which are using it.
Wad managers can be used without any cIOS now, the 236 is not really needed.
It still is needed if you want to install fakesigned wads.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still is needed if you want to install fakesigned wads.
You must be thinking of the old days of the patched IOS36.

I only mentioned IOS236 because I thought everybody still used it, my Wii is still at 3.2 with hbc 1.0.1. so I get a lot of use out of it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you are still on 3.2, you don't need IOS236, your IOS36 fakesign bug is not fixed and doesn't need a patch.
But as you don't have AHB access (AHBPROT) in your HBC version, you need to use wad managers which is using a vulnerable IOS. I understand why you still use it (I'm using cIOS rev17 in slot249 myself when needed)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if you are still on 3.2, you don't need IOS236, your IOS36 fakesign bug is not fixed and doesn't need a patch.
But as you don't have AHB access (AHBPROT) in your HBC version, you need to use wad managers which is using a vulnerable IOS. I understand why you still use it (I'm using cIOS rev17 in slot249 myself when needed)
Excactly, you need a vulnerable cios to install fakesigned wads.
This cannot be done with ios58.
Ios 58 does not have those permissions.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Multi-Mod Manager has a 'built-in' IOS36/236 installer which could be useful to you.

You'll need to have either the required wads available on your sd card or have your wii console connected to the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.