Hardware help cant update firmware to 1.9b

SectionX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so my brother just got a wii with wiikey and we burned that image to update to 1.9b but the dvd doesnt reqognize it. He has a pal 3.0E wii

what to do? thanks.

Don Andy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so my brother just got a wii with wiikey and we burned that image to update to 1.9b but the dvd doesnt reqognize it. He has a pal 3.0E wii

what to do? thanks.
First, make sure that you REALLY burn it as a DVD. Some softwares burn it as a CD, which will not work. I burned with with ImgBurn, which worked. Also, make sure you finalize the disk. I heard that's important, but since ImgBurn always does that for me, I can't really tell.
Lastly, burn at 4x I tried at 8x and 2x, but at both these speeds, the Wii just reset itself after starting the disk, instead of starting the upgrade.

Oh, and of course, burn the right image. There are 3 images, for PAL, US and JPN. You should of course choose the PAL one.

juggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

what to do? thanks.

First, make sure that you REALLY burn it as a DVD. Some softwares burn it as a CD, which will not work. I burned with with ImgBurn, which worked. Also, make sure you finalize the disk. I heard that's important, but since ImgBurn always does that for me, I can't really tell.
Lastly, burn at 4x I tried at 8x and 2x, but at both these speeds, the Wii just reset itself after starting the disk, instead of starting the upgrade.

Oh, and of course, burn the right image. There are 3 images, for PAL, US and JPN. You should of course choose the PAL one.

did you use +R or - R?
did you run the utility to pad the image?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi