Hacking Help! Black screen & blue led can't boot even with ntrboot

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New 3DS modified with CFW
My little niece has been playing a few months with it. yesterday the battery ran out and after recharging the console has not turned on again.

The screen remains black and the blue led, permanently

I tried:
- Disconnect the battery and turn it on again. Still the same
- Copy the microsd to another new microsd. Still the same
- Turn on and leave for 20 minutes. Still the same
- Remove SD, turn on and leave 20 min. Still the same
- Keep START, keep SELECT, etc. Still the same

NTRBOOT
With another modified 3ds I have created an NTRBOOT flashcart,
I have tested this NTRBOOT flashcart in another 3ds to make sure it works, and it does (Microsd with correct files, magnet, star + select + x and it works)
But in my niece's New3ds it doesn't work. The screen remains black, the blue led turns on, but when the buttons are released, the led turns off after two seconds

What else can i try?
Thanks!

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-12_18-55-20.png
    upload_2021-8-12_18-55-20.png
    312 bytes · Views: 130
  • upload_2021-8-12_18-56-22.png
    upload_2021-8-12_18-56-22.png
    312 bytes · Views: 135
  • upload_2021-8-12_18-58-23.png
    upload_2021-8-12_18-58-23.png
    312 bytes · Views: 116
  • upload_2021-8-12_18-59-1.png
    upload_2021-8-12_18-59-1.png
    312 bytes · Views: 121
  • upload_2021-8-12_19-2-23.png
    upload_2021-8-12_19-2-23.png
    312 bytes · Views: 129

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little niece has been playing a few months with it. yesterday the battery ran out and after recharging the console has not turned on again.

I tried:

NTRBOOT
I have tested this NTRBOOT flashcart in another 3ds to make sure it works, and it does (Microsd with correct files, magnet, star + select + x and it works)
But in my niece's New3ds it doesn't work. The screen remains black, the blue led turns on, but when the buttons are released, the led turns off after two seconds

What else can i try?
Thanks!
Does the blue remains and the screen is black, or it shuts of after 1-2 seconds? You're sure you haven't messed with the CFW files on the SD card? and you can't boot either Luma (booting while holding select) or GodMode9 (booting while holding start)?

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the blue remains and the screen is black, or it shuts of after 1-2 seconds? You're sure you haven't messed with the CFW files on the SD card? and you can't boot either Luma (booting while holding select) or GodMode9 (booting while holding start)?

With the microsd cfw:
When try to turn on, the blue led remains.
When try to turn on pressing select, the blue led turns off after 1sec
When try to turn on pressing start, the blue led turns off after 1sec

With de microsd ntrboot +flashcart + magnet
When try to turn on pressing x start and select, the blue led turns off after 2 sec after I have released the buttons combination

Last edited by leirbag_MANU,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no picture in either top or bottom screen in any scenario? You should check the SD card for errors with H2test and do the quadruple reformat detailed here, to see if the SD card is faulty in any way. After it is wiped clean, put the luma and GM9 files on boot and re- download them, as the one from your SD Card could be corrupt, and boot it up and see if the problem persists.

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No picture in any screen (the screens are off)
I try to copy the microsd to another microsd, with the same result.

and about he microsd prepared for ntrboot, I have already tried that it works in another console

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No picture in any screen (the screens are off)
I try to copy the microsd to another microsd, with the same result.

and about he microsd prepared for ntrboot, I have already tried that it works in another console
Hey, both screen not working indicates something is corrupt/missing, if it was just the top screen that would be hardware problem not software. BTW, you have CFW on Flashcart using NTRboot and not on the 3DS's SD card? Do the steps i described above, and do not copy any of of the old files onto the SD card until you rule out the possibility of it being fake.

Last edited by CoolMe,

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, both screen not working indicates something is corrupt/missing, if it was just the top screen that would be hardware problem not software. BTW, you have CFW on Flashcart using NTRboot and not on the 3DS's SD card? Do the steps i described above, and do not copy any of of the old files onto the SD card until you rule out the possibility of it being fake.
I know,
I also tried using a new microsd (just opened from the packaging) and it doesn't work either

Edit: Just trying with another microsd
with luma, boot9strap, payloads
Blu led for 1 sec and then stops

Last edited by leirbag_MANU,

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

I tried:

-snip-

What else can i try?
Thanks!
First, try to wipe the second microsd, insert it into the New3DS, and try using the NTRboot flashcard on it again.
If that doesn't work, try using it without any microSD inserted.
If that doesn't work, then it isn't an issue with missing CFW files (I am already leaning toward this due to the part of your first post that I highlighted in red, so take note, @CoolMe), and is likely a corrupted NAND or some other issue with the NAND. In your case, you would need to hardmod the New3DS to restore a NAND backup (which you should have made when modding the New3DS and have backed up somewhere safe), since you cannot boot GodMode9 as it is now.

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First, try to wipe the second microsd, insert it into the New3DS, and try using the NTRboot flashcard on it again.
If that doesn't work, try using it without any microSD inserted.
If that doesn't work, then it isn't an issue with missing CFW files (I am already leaning toward this due to the part of your first post that I highlighted in red, so take note, @CoolMe), and is likely a corrupted NAND or some other issue with the NAND. In your case, you would need to hardmod the New3DS to restore a NAND backup (which you should have made when modding the New3DS and have backed up somewhere safe), since you cannot boot GodMode9 as it is now.

I think it is some problem of damaged nand, because it does not work with any boot.firm, neither does ntrboot work and it does not work not putting sd and waiting.
Is there a thread on how to make hardmod? I have the copy of the nand

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has this 3DS been roughly handled at all? Are there any popping sounds coming from the speakers?

I can't recall reading about someone fixing something like this with a NAND-restoring hardmod before.

leirbag_MANU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has this 3DS been roughly handled at all? Are there any popping sounds coming from the speakers?

I can't recall reading about someone fixing something like this with a NAND-restoring hardmod before.
An 8-year-old girl has been using it, carefully, but obviously it is an 8-year-old girl ...

Right now there is no sound coming out of the speakers, just the black screen (off)

gregori2424

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

I tried:

NTRBOOT

What else can i try?
Thanks!
hi, i solved this issue, just i was copying file xxxx.firm from luma3ds folder to the root sd, instead the safeb9 installer folder one. for that reason ntr boot does not working because i was trying to boot luma menu instead safeb9installer. i think you was doing the same. sorry for late response but maybe that will solve this issue. regards

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
With the microsd cfw:
When try to turn on, the blue led remains.
When try to turn on pressing select, the blue led turns off after 1sec
When try to turn on pressing start, the blue led turns off after 1sec

With de microsd ntrboot +flashcart + magnet
When try to turn on pressing x start and select, the blue led turns off after 2 sec after I have released the buttons combination
Not sure if you solved it yet but the blue LED turning off is an indicator that it can't read the payload from the (3DS) SD card. But it shows that ntrboot is running. Possibly the MicroSD slot got damaged (bent pins)

Reactions: mattek8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do wonder if it's natural sugar