Homebrew Help! Black Screen After sysUpdater!

Lee Russell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I successfully installed rxTools and emuNAND on my old 3ds XL firmware 8.1. Then, I tried to use sysUpdater to update my sysNAND to firmware 9.0.

Everything was proceeding smoothly. The .CIAs were being installed one by one. Then, the screen just went black. I tried switching off and restarting my 3ds and removing the SD card but it's still black. I am also unable to start the system in recovery mode (A + Up + L + R doesn't work).

Please help!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I successfully installed rxTools and emuNAND on my old 3ds XL firmware 8.1. Then, I tried to use sysUpdater to update my sysNAND to firmware 9.0.

Everything was proceeding smoothly. The .CIAs were being installed one by one. Then, the screen just went black. I tried switching off and restarting my 3ds and removing the SD card but it's still black. I am also unable to start the system in recovery mode (A + Up + L + R doesn't work).

Please help!
Did you installed them using rxTools in Dev Mode? if not, then you are doomed ;~;

Lee Russell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have both a sysNand and emuNand backup. I also carried out the update in rxTools rxMode. Planning to try a hardware mod to fix it.

Could anyone tell me what was the mistake I made during the modding process? Don't wanna make it again..

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a sysNand and emuNand backup. I also carried out the update in rxTools rxMode. Planning to try a hardware mod to fix it.

Could anyone tell me what was the mistake I made during the modding process? Don't wanna make it again..
When updating sysnand using rxTools, you need to be in Dev mode.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need dev or pasta sysnand mode to successfully update the system... Any other mode bricks just as you did here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...