Homebrew Help backing save files with Rudolplh's NDS backup tool

darkoutlaw49

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to get the save file off of my pokemon diamond game, onto my computer, and then edit it with pokesav. To do this i've been using Rudolplh's backup tool and SMallFTP as per the instructions found here: http://www.monroeworld.com/myfaq/index.php...&artlang=en

I set everything up, and it DOES start transferring the save file over to my computer. However, when it reaches 100%, an error pops up on my DS saying that the transfer failed. On my computer I have a save file that is 507 kb. I thought they were supposed to be 512kb. I can load the save file up in pokesav, and it seems to be working correctly. Everything looks fine. But the size doesn't seem to be right, so i'm not confident about moving the save file back to my cart. Pokesav says a file needs to be either 512 kb or 256 kb, and this file is neither.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, or know of a fix?

darkoutlaw49

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has any information? Is the file *supposed* to be that small? Would it be safe to put back in my cartridge? Any ideas why my transfer is always crapping out right at the last second?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: