Gaming [Help] A tactical advice for SRWA finale stage.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I'm one of the few people on planet earth to have reached the final stage of this game on real hardware and without using cheat codes. Would anyone be able to suggest a tactic to get through this seemingly impossible, nervous breakdown chapter? Already difficult in itself, with a crowd of enemies with a mountain of HP, to be completed within only 10 turns by defeating the final boss that has incredible stats and weapons. These Japanese developers are just crazy!

I tried not to waste time by going straight to the attack of the big boss but immediately a wall of enemies comes between me and the final goal, and almost all with great dodging skills and precise aiming, which prevents me from continuing.
In addition, the boss has a wide range map weapon that hits hard and a single shot that immediately destroys a unit.

Instead if you focus on one enemy at a time to make room for yourself there is absolutely not enough time to finish the stage. If I want to avoid a nervous breakdown or to hurl my PSP against the wall, I'm afraid I'll have to throw in the towel and give up knowing the epilogue of this compelling plot and the fate of our fearless heroes.

1643459645982.jpg
1643459685478.jpg

Reactions: cearp

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
a portable is a bullshit game, might be better off looking up the ending on youtube
You could have desisted from posting this "deep thought": perhaps by "bullshit game" you meant that it is too difficult and challenging for you...:wink:

This title, like SRW Alpha Gaiden (psx), are the pinnacle of the tactical-rpg genre; true masterpieces, where the original plots of the anime series of the 80s are merged and mixed in a brilliant way, creating a complex and compelling global storyline, full of action and twists. :rolleyes:

For a fan of these old mecha series they are a real godsend; thanks also, of course, to the english translations provided by the fans.
The only flaw is that, towards the end, they become too difficult and stressful.
I hope someone, also a fan of this game, will take my request for help seriously and come forward. :)

rwbonesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Super Robot Wars to death. However, for instance, Impact and A Portable are not fun in the least. Don't try to drag me over not liking your widdle poorly-balanced game.

If you're having trouble with it and want to see the ending, just use a money cheat or something or at the very least make sure everything's got appropriate items on and you've been actually upgrading and using spirits.

Last edited by rwbonesy,
Reactions: Nikokaro

swanlund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my deep thought. If you are one of the few to get to the end, how can asking how to beat the end from the rest provide any help, considering the rest haven't even come close to where you are? And if you are one of the few to get to the end without cheats then the game does suck, it is unbalanced.

And yes, I did make an account to say this.

• Sad
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@swanlund , In truth, I don't notice any contradiction in what I wrote.
In fact, I didn't say I was the ONLY one who got there, but one of the FEW; and it is from these brave and daring few, who put themselves to the test and still face challenges (in the game and in life) studying effective tactics and without cheating, that I expect advice. 😉

Anyway, in the meantime, I found out that after a game over you still keep the money and XPs earned and so I can, little by little, upgrade my units. Maybe after 30 or more attempts I'll be able to finish it....🤣

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo